All things camping & campervan

That seems pretty fair, just what it takes to return it to the previous condition. I’ve heard a few horror stories about these hire places so yours sounds like a decent one.:+1:

3 Likes

Yeah they’ve been very fair for sure. Just sent me a mail with my 11% valued customer discount, so I haven’t been blacklisted at least :wink:

4 Likes

Now that would have taken the shine off your weekend if you’d ended up with a big repair bill :open_mouth:

1 Like

Reasonable enough, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they take your £160 but don’t bother with the repair - just mark it as a dink for the next hire. That seems to be how most car places work with alloy scratches or door dents, charge for the damage but leave it unrepaired until something major needs doing.

3 Likes

Could do but I won’t lose sleep over that. Maybe I’ll hire it again. next year and see :smile:

Yeah that’s exactly what they’ll do. The worst ones will ‘accidentally’ miss it on the form the next time in the hope you miss is and they get to charge for it again!

1 Like

The glorious setting of works overflow carpark… Perfect for the lunchtime nap :sleeping:

13 Likes

I used to love a work, car lunch nap!

1 Like

VW fest… Only one non transporter here!!

12 Likes

I was booked in there, but then my wife got the Friday off & they couldn’t fit us in for a longer stay.

Are there some triafleets there?

1 Like

Without wanting to be stereotyping people…so far who I’ve seen I’m gonna assume not.

If they are… ultimate sandbaggers!!

9 Likes

Few days in Dorset; Seatown, Charmouth & Lyme Regis. Bit of fossil hunting, bit of kayaking and just chilling out.

17 Likes

Lovely spot. Have Had a few ciders at The Anchor in Seatown.

1 Like

Don’t let Sir John catch you.

1 Like

As the Marines say ‘essence’.

1 Like

I’m not sure what that means so I tried Googling “Marines Essence” and it came up with moisturising creme, so I’m guessing that’s not it. :thinking:

https://www.angelfire.com/mi2/angela764/military/jargon.html

1 Like

:+1:

I thought maybe it would be that underarm scent that you only get by carrying a 35kg pack over the hills for 5 days while sleeping in a hedge

5 Likes

Good job they explain some Marine exclusive jargon there. Like chopper for helicopter and chuffed for pleased. Where do they get chrimbo from though???

:joy:

1 Like