All things camping & campervan

I didn’t actually look at the link; does it have “red pigs” for hot weather? or even “harry von red pigs” if it’s really hot :rofl: Or “chad” for being crap/shit.

Nope, it has Redders for very hot.

So old school.

1 Like

Top 10 most deadly wild things that could ambush campers. Just sayin’. Take care out there folks :scream: that mink looks pretty mean, and the barrel jellyfish

2 Likes

I had to dodge this fella on a gravel ride in the heather near Aboyne. Proper fatty.

12 Likes

Yikes he looks like he could swim too

2 Likes

adders can swim but it’s pretty rare that they do, unlike grass snakes which are often seen swimming - even saw one swimming in the pond in our last house

2 Likes

Yeah grass snakes actively choose to spend a lot of time in the water hunting frogs and newts.

A black adder was spotted up on the Moor last week. That looked proper cool. Pretty rare as well apparently.

4 Likes

Was there a baldrick nearby?

3 Likes

Booked a weeks camping in Croyde for August. First proper holiday for 3 years!!

9 Likes

just leave this here

3 Likes

Off camping for 2 nights with 3 kids. Packing takes sooooo flipping long

4 Likes

Yeha we realised we have a birthday party and camping trip to prep for in just over a week! That snuck up on us!

Need to see if my roof racks on the BMW will fit the Kia. You just know they won’t! :roll_eyes:

Where you going @Jgav?

1 Like

Depending on the make you might be able to buy just the specific end fittings/feet and keep 90% of them rather than start all over again.

2 Likes

Hmm, seems like my car is too new, as the 2022 Sportage hasn’t been added to any of the websites for my Atera bars. Thule are the only ones to have been updated.

Some backwards benchmarking though suggests that the Thule ones that are approved on the Kia also appear on the approved list for the X1. Both have the flush roof rails, so i’m thinking that they should work.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Chilterns for a couple of nights with friends. Getting away with no roof box this time, Mrs is at work so driving separately. She’s got the air beds, camp table, chairs etc. So much less to squeeze in the big car.

Then a week of work before big holiday

1 Like

Just spotted I’m camping 1 mile from the start of Wendover woods parkrun :heart_eyes:

Nearly setup. Beers not allowed until tent up and car unpacked

8 Likes

I’m doing Wendover Woods 50 in Nov. Probably will be a tad muddier then :smile:

1 Like

Definitely muddier then bit will still be fooking hilly.

Got to use my Ridgemonkey to make breakfast.

7 Likes

You bring scales for your coffee when camping?

1 Like