All things Turbo

Zwift insider man says don’t buy anything till end of September. He’s just got something in and reckons it’s game changer.
No idea what market (USA or further) it’ll be available for mind.

I don’t think £480 is a great deal on H3 all things considered. £350-400 maybe.

1 Like

Weight of the things, you could probably smelt them down for metal & make a profit at that price.

I like mine :+1: except when having to lift it

2 Likes

Direct drive turbo launched by Zwift, £449 including your choice of cassette pre installed. Designed to be simples.
Can receive Ant+HR & transmit combines signals over Bluetooth to ATV :+1:.
It’s a re-badged turbo but ok by accounts, software updated by Companion app.

1 Like

…that was seemingly well reviewed, and substantially more expensive at RRP.

It’s an interesting tactic by zwift by pricing so low. They’re definitely not making friends with the existing players who have long been crucial partners to zwift even being able to exist.

2 Likes

Zwift’s primary drive is to secure new subscribers and to do that they need to reduce the costs of the equipment required to use Zwift. They can do that by rebranding and discounting the units which is way cheaper than building their own units and developing the tron bike.

3 Likes

Kickr v6 released and reviewed by DCR

£1100 ouch!

1 Like

Pretty uninterested in a new trainer right now, but I still digest dcr content as I like to stay abreast.

The most interesting thing was his concluding remark on the YouTube video…
“Without doubt this week is going to be the busiest week for announcements we’ve ever had”
Wonder what else is coming?

1 Like

New Go Pro 11 (+ mini) and DJI action cameras all out tomorrow.

3 Likes

New king in uk

4 Likes

The Apple stuff was last week wasn’t it?

I love my Kickr, but until it’s broken to the point of not being repairable I don’t see anything enticing me to go out and buy a new turbo. For me, the experience is provided by the software platform (Zwift) and the hardware “just works” in the background.

The only thing that might change that for me is if I moved to somewhere with space for a home gym, when I might invest in a Kickr bike :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is what I’m seriously contemplating down the road. I have the new space soon to be available, and I trashed the headset of my TT bike during lockdown, so something built for the demands of indoor training might be worthwhile.

After my Alps trip, I also think the change in position would actually be beneficial to training. I struggle on long climbs as the more upright position really kills my lower back. I’ve cancelled zwift for a number of months, but if you added the rise feature to AdZ or Ventoux, then it would make it more specific training

1 Like

Power cord… Stay !!! Hopefully it never needs to come out again :flushed:

8 Likes

I see Wahoo is suing Zwift for patent enfringment on their turbo

3 Likes

Oh dear, I’ll check that out.

Still not plugged my turbo in…
I must have a go and see what difference it makes !?

If the Zwift is basically a repackaged JetBlack Volt, why didn’t they sue when it came out? I guess the release is doing the job of shaking up the midmarket.

I guess the Zwift link is probably driving far more sales of the unit and maybe they perceive Zwift to have deeper pockets and more worthwhile to go after.

@doka - Enjoy…

@whisk - they’ve also filed against JetBlack :+1:t3:
Exactly the same as above, but changed names and removed the DCR and Murray Healy quote.

Interesting this!

3 Likes

Not a turbo as such, but did anyone else get the email from Wattbike today warning of the imminent price rise?

The price of the Atom is increasing from £1999 to £2399 on thursday
:open_mouth:

A 20% price rise sounds a bit punchy, but at least they are giving people the opportunity to get their orders in before the price rise :roll_eyes: