And now for the gallery... ...what images have you got?

My first multi-sport weekend in a fair few years this past weekend (hiking and cycling).

Two shots of the same view from opposite ends:

From the summit of Snowdon looking through the Nanttle pass towards the Llyn peninsula

From the furthest lake in the first picture, Snowdon framed by the Nanttle pass

16 Likes

17 Likes

Croyde. Not me in the water!

14 Likes

I’d be avoiding the Salcombe area tbh; overpriced and rammed in summer! But luckily loads of other options locally.

7 Likes

Highest point on tarmac in Wales, the Marchlyn Mawr reservoir

Not as high but should be on everyone’s list of things to do on the bike

15 Likes

Little bike to the coast yesterday eve. I reckon the bearded one, having given us a lovely Summer will unleash all manner of misery over Winter….making the most of it.

16 Likes

And you have a lap pool in the background! :grin:

Has someone stolen the sea, or did you go for a ride in the desert? :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t know why you bothered going all the way to Yorkshire for a day out. There was a big billboard on Upper Richmond Road at the weekend that was advertising short breaks in Manchester :rofl:

2 Likes

As Basil said, the sea is over there between the land and sky….(very narrow strip).

That lagoon is like a beginners pool before people swim in the sea. It’s about 100m x 25m but does change size/shape after winter storms

3 Likes

Haha, I was thinking yesterday that we could be on for a winter of storms!

2 Likes

Daughter was married at Worcester Cathedral on Saturday. I only blubbed four times :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Nice! :clap:

Looks awesome … and congrats!

2 Likes

I imagine the acoustics were terrible there, no-one would hear you :smile: .

Congrats to the newlyweds :bride_with_veil: :person_in_tuxedo:

1 Like

Looks stunning! Congratulations to the Newly Weds :champagne: :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Crikey that’s a venue.

Congratulations to the newly weds.

Blubbed 4 times?: 3 times overwhelmed by the emotion and joy of the occasion, and once when the bill hit :wink:

13 Likes

Thanks for the comments. Yes very very lucky to use the Cathedral .I believe that you have to get permission from the Arch Bishop of Canterbury to do so. My ex wife has been going for 30+ years so basically pulled a favour.

It was meant to be in one of the side Chapels but they suffered a lot of damage in the recent storms, so we were in the main nave. We entered by the West Gate which is a set of double doors; they are absolutely huge. As we approached the doors were closed shut. The vicar turned to me and my daughter and the two other members of the clergy and said ‘Has anyone got a key?’ Not sure whether that relaxed me or not.

As to the acoustics. Well the grooms family is from Wales so we had the ‘Bread of Heaven’ hymn and as we are England we had Jerusalem so a bit of a sing off really.

And as the cost of the day, well lets not go there. Worth every penny :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Yeah you did well. It’s pretty much impossible to get married in Wells Cathedral with some serious connections.

1 Like

Thanks. Its silly really that it is so difficult. I am not in the slightest bit religious but a Cathedral setting is magnificent and very moving. These buildings should be used :slight_smile:

3 Likes