Black Friday 2019 deals

Don’t sale items have to have been sold at the higher price for at least 28 days before the sale starts or something like that?

Yeah indeed - am at work today but might well have the tabs open at home still I hope so I can double check. But definately yday the prices for all the 1TB devices I was looking at were ~110 quid and ~220 for 2TB and they are similar today in the sale.

Maybe I just missed the fact they were discounted yday, and the only thing that changed is the Black Friday marketing.

Common that retailers will often add Black Friday to things that were already on sale. As @Symes says there are some rules regarding must have been sold at the defined higher price previously, but I’m not sure if has to be concurrent.

Think this might be it - checked a price spy site and it was the same price yday. Looks like it’s the Black Friday labeling that changed is all. RRP is in line with some other sites so I’ll revert my “Crooks” statement :slight_smile:

It’s “was / now” marketing that requires things to have been sold at the relevant prices as far as I’m aware. Amazon just list RRP, which is manufacturer specified. You have to use somewhere like camelcamelcamel to see what Amazon were previously selling at, as they fluctuate their prices so regularly.

I NEED a boiler repair, a car bumper paint repair/gutter clear and an outdoor house/heating/lighting setup for my tortoise.

No more moneys left over for race entry or toys :roll_eyes:

Is that some odd innuendo … or is your tortoise is genuinely demanding an upgrade in hibernation facilities this year?

No innuendo. He was small and indoors, then he got bigger and I built an area for him outside. He’s now hibernating in the fridge (again not innuendo - reptiles are weird) but I need a better outdoor house with heating so he can live outside from March when temps are still too cold for him naturally. Probably going to get a dog kennel size thing, insulate it a bit and wire in a floodlight with frost heater. It’s just another £150 I’m going to drop on him.

1 Like

That’s one pampered tortoise. I like his style!

2 Likes

An ex-workmate buried her hamster, ever so upset that it had died, I suggested it might have started its hibernation routine. “do you think it was alive then?” she asked, “yes, but it won’t be anymore”, poor thing, the hamster that is.

3 Likes

Maybe everyone knows about it but I just discovered the camelcamelcamel website. Show you the pricing of amazon stuff over past years so you can see if it really is on offer.

UK Triathlon have money off their middle distance events until Tues 3rd, £30 off middle distance making them £119 now. Shrops Tri at Ellesmere 6th Sept which I might do again, and the ‘Ultimate’ at Whitchurch 14th June (one week after Cotswold Classic)

uktriathlon at co dot uk

2 Likes

Stryd have a ‘massive’ £15 off with the code WinTheWinter if anyone’s interested?

Has anyone seen any decent deals on Garmins?

I’ve got a sale email off Rapha :grimacing:

1 Like

£28 Winter gloves in pink - no sizes.
I’m keen on the polo neck base layer - so I can just wear a jacket over it.
Might get a couple of new caps, colour dependent.

Are you an RCC member? Goes live tomorrow…

…good to see my wind jacket and rain cape haven’t been reduced :ok_hand:t4::fist_right:t4:

I didn’t think the sale prices were shown yet? They aren’t when I follow the link.

I like the merino layers, and the technical T’s are good as well.

Not in the RCC so will see what they’ve got later in the week.

Jeff

Really like the look of their pro team long sleeve thermal jesrey.

The Ultramarine looks :ok_hand:t2:

Body is short up front and super fitted.
Arms are hideously long.

I got a Winter Pro Jacket and am not impressed.

The Castelli stuff is way better, IMO.

Saying that, I’m debating getting the Explore Down jacket for walking the dog in :see_no_evil:

1 Like

That’s good to know.

I don’t have any of their long sleeve stuff. Just ss jerseys. What don’t you like about the jacket ? Did think that looked good

Love my Perfetto but I’m keen for a proper jacket