Black Friday 2019 deals

The short body is the race stuff though isn’t it, and designed for being on the drops.

I’ve got a couple of older winter jackets and the hardshell and think they are excellent, I use my Gabba more for running than cycling.

That said I don’t go out as much in the winter these days, and I’ve got an old Assos jacket that is excellent.

Jeff

I’ve got the Pro Team Training Jacket and it’s more like a jersey.

I read this and bought a Large, as I was 84kg and 185cm at the time. My two new jackets are both medium.

“…the fit may feel way off the mark as the front lifts so high on the body, but is very well suited to a racey position on the bike. For me, at 185cm and 69 kg, a size medium fits me like a glove.”

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/pro-team-training-jacket/product/TRA02XX

If you can get to Spitalfields, I’d go try on in there, then nip over the road to Evans to try on the Castelli Perfetto RoS Long Sleeve Jersey, which is a far better piece of kit, IMO.

The chartreuse Pro Team Winter Training Jacket is now £104.
The Castelli is £168, with a Wiggle discount.

1 Like

Not sure if you’d want to go, but the outlet at Bicester is amazing.

They have so much stock - just in odd colours, like plum and olive. (but you can get full matching kit, I scored a full navy spring/autumn ensemble of: tights, LS, SS, cap, socks, wind gilet and bidons for just under £300)

Tonnes of places to eat (high street chains) and good shops for suits, shirts and shoes, too :+1:t3:

1 Like

Awesome @Poet :+1:t2:

Yep, Spitalfields is only up the road from work.
Bicester is probably just over an hours drive

It’ll probably get used for commuting mainly so I’m not too fussed about a race cut

Then get the burnt orange commuter jacket in the sale tomorrow :+1:t3:

Another world!!

1 Like

£565 RRP on that lot!

RANT

Which is what really pisses me off with folks who don’t ride winter bikes, then moan that their mudguards rattle on their bike.

DUDE! You are wearing at least £800 worth of kit (inc. shoes and helmet), but cannot spare £400 for a S/H Dolan/Ribble winter bike?

GRR!

Even more otherworldly!

Maybe this is one for another thread?! :rofl:

i don’t know if it’s the narrow prism of society that is being viewed on this forum, but the normalisation of spending (what appears to me to be) vast sums of money continues to astonish me. I guess it’s the classic triafleet demographic coming into play. I’ve no problems with it at all, guess it’s a bit of the green eyed monster as i’d love to be able to splash figures like that on kit with regularity! :flushed:

8 Likes

I agree. High spending is definitely normalised. I’m certainly guilty. I know when I first got into running I would scavenge for hours to save £5 on a pair of cheap running trainers. I now drop £000s on VFs without even thinking. And spend more than it would cost for a nice meal out for two on some powder and gels.

1 Like

Yeah that’s probably the value of my bike and all kit combined :rofl:

Agree I have no problem with the spending that goes on in triathlon by others, good on you for spending your money on what gives you pleasure, certainly a lot of worse vices. But triathlon (and lots of others sports) do attract a different demographic.

I see the 935XT is currently £299.99 on Wiggle; I don’t think that’s a BF Deal. Has anyone returned a Garmin to Wiggle before? Just wondering what the process is if it’s faulty inside 12 months. With other stuff I have just sent it direct to Wiggle for refund & ordered a separate replacement. I could ‘save’ £39 by getting a refund & buying at the current price.

SiS have 50% off everything. So is this Beta Fuel any good?
https://www.scienceinsport.com/beta-fuel-12-pack

Will this thread be getting renamed cyber Monday deals over the weekend?

Unless another deal comes up on Black Friday I think I’m going to go for the UK/EU store deal of £360.

The retailers are just trying to get more money out of people’s pockets before end-of-year. I’m certain that if you keep an eye on the Internet 365 days a year, you can get the same deals; especially if you go on eBay or to outlet stores etc.

It is worth investing in good quality stuff if it will last many years; cycling shoes is a perfect example. My (discounted) S Works road shoes are still going strong after >6 years.

You need to be careful using words like Bidon; lest you start sounding like Stu Bowers.

735 device only for £149.99 on amazon today

2 Likes

Bloody hell is that asshat still around? I outclimbed him once up Burrington Coombe (I assume he was having an off day!).

I’ve never seen a guy talk so much crap about ‘racing’.

Gamin Connected Scale, £80 on Amazon.

Obviously never met him, but he comes across as a pretentious bore in his writing.

When are Cyclist going to actually review some bikes under £5k ffs? I think I’ve seen one so far this year, a £4800 CAAD! :unamused:

1 Like