Black Friday Gear Deals?

Ive been on the Huub site about three times, and resisted so far.

My long bibs are at least 5 years old and my cycle shorts, but no holes in em.:thinking:

Trying to minimalise my wardrobe this year, but should mean I can buy more quality when I do.

1 Like

Yeah I have 2 pairs of shorts, both 5 years old, have been used for every ride I’ve ever done. One are now very see-through and the others are very baggy. Have earned an upgrade just to stop the missus nagging about the see through ones every time she sees them hanging to dry.

2 Likes

:joy: Same. Its in a basket left open on my browser.

I use two pairs of tri shorts on the turbo. They date back ten years! I bought a pair of px bibs this year, and they’ve been used I guess once a week since May. Deffo need a second pair that I can wear outside. Just feel like I’m always spending! :joy: Esp as it’s Xmas.

2 Likes

“ Esp as it’s Xmas.”

Yeah, I’m celebrating Christmas for six weeks at least, started on the mulled wine today, and will get a tree tomorrow

5 Likes

Hear hear.

Putting up the tree this afternoon…

Booze ban lifted, mulled wine awaits.

I may give up totally and stick it’s a wonderful life on tonight.

Wish I lived in Bedford falls…just like Dave Lister…

3 Likes

Putting up the tree? FMD it’s not even December!

Our goes up no earlier than 2wks before Xmas. When i was growing up, we didn’t put the tree up or decorations until school had broken up.

3 Likes

I know. We were set on 1st weekend out of lockdown…

But taking kids for a bleak walk through the village last weekend and seeing the unmitigated joy on their faces at the early Xmas decs outside a few houses convinced us to go early.

Shame the mice have eaten half of them after we decided to store them in the garage rather than the loft this year!!

2 Likes

yeah actually, I guess a bit of elongated Xmas spirit wouldn’t go amis this year!

Lol…

Your joking … right…?!

1 Like

No about Xmas decs.

Yes about Xmas films!

I’m not a Xmas obsessive, but do like a festive film come Xmas eve. But not before then, obvs!

1 Like

Yes. My wife’s gone a bit ‘full retard’ on Christmas this year.

We’re booked in to cut our tree down next weekend… I’ve put my foot down and said she can dress it December 1st!

1 Like

You can watch Die Hard now because that IS NOT a Xmas film. :laughing:

3 Likes

My wife had my kids on the sofa watching Arthur Christmas this afternoon.

I went for a run then washed my bike :blush:

3 Likes

1 or 2?

They’re both great, I’m not here to judge.

Can’t remember 2 but 1 is most definitely not a Xmas film, nope!

£6.50 postage for shorts and a jersey is a bit cheeky. What are they posting it in - a suitcase?

A van, with a driver.

Just saw an open door for a poor joke. Sorry!

1 Like

I didn’t realise that was a thing; unless you were stealing it :rofl:

Only just realised this is a thing too. I’m not sure of the attraction really.

Instead of just buying a tree I now have to trudge through a field myself and cut it down. And still pay for it?!

2 Likes

It’ll make you feel all manly though!

Take a chainsaw and wear a checkered shirt !

1 Like