Black Friday Gear Deals?

I’ll need to buy those first then :muscle:t2::rofl:

1 Like

I’m a lumberjack and I’m ok

1 Like

An axe you mean. I have an axe. :smiling_imp:

Are we back to guitars again? :grin:

Dad joke - as my son is often gleeful to point out.

For those with wives/girlfriends that like good sports kit. The “early Black Friday” has started with sweaty Betty this evening. 25% off code is ‘CHEERS’.

General sale opens tomorrow.

3 Likes

Mrs GB has a pair of those leggings for Xmas (she chose them)! But I think only blue stuff was on offer.

Might look into this and see if she has a few more options.

Taken from the Garmin thread.

Now below £20

2 Likes

Cheaper the better, with the luck I have with those things! At least with Training Peaks it takes watts or pace into account when awarding TSS on a session, unlike Garmin, which generally relies on the OHR reading.

Caved in an took HUUB up on their offers…£149 netted me;

Thermal long bibs
Thermal jersey
Socks
Compression socks

For some reason I don’t feel like I got a bargain. Is all this polyester really worth 150 smackers?

1 Like

I kind of get what you mean. I have no direct experience of Huub cycling stuff (have a lot of their things, and love it, but no cycling gear), but all the other thermal gear I have from various brands is a bit of a let down. Except for my Castelli gabba and perfetto tops. Those things are now worn 100% of the time in winter/colder days.

One of each, and I’m sorted for all weather that isn’t 15 degrees and up.

1 Like

+1.
4 years in and Gabba and my trisuit are still only clothing I’ve paid over £30 for :star_struck: Picked up for ~£70, worth every penny and more, sorted for 3 seasons. I’m sure the rest of my gear would be nicer function if I stopped getting Aldi/decathlon/DhB value range (and I am slowly building a wardrobe) but its good enough for me.
Nothing wrong with acknowledging that fashion is the bigger driver in cycling kit prices. If you enjoy your hobby and value looking/feeling good in it then great, but there a lot of beginners out there (me included) that worry about needing all the different options.

2 Likes

Yep, I have a Perfetto Light & Alpha Light; lovely kit. Gabba is too hot for me!

Have I missed something? I thought Black Friday was last Friday, how long does this day last?
Or is it like the modern day Xmas that goes from bonfire night to Easter these days?

1 Like

No its this Friday - I thought it was last week, was highly dissapointed… then found out it was this week.
Its basically all of November now… and a bit of October thanks to Amazon prime day.

1 Like

Technically Black Friday is this Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). And technically it is an American construct. But modern capitalism doesn’t let tradition get in the way of sending out email spam.

Wasn’t Thanksgiving created by Lincoln to stimulate the economy?

It worked!

1 Like

Apparently not.

He was more about national unity at the time of the civil war, Roosevelt tried to move it to stimulate the economy but all the remoaners complained and he had to relent:

“Abraham Lincoln … at the height of the Civil War, in a proclamation entreating all Americans to ask God to “commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife” and to “heal the wounds of the nation.” He scheduled Thanksgiving for the final Thursday in November, and it was celebrated on that day every year until 1939, when Franklin D. Roosevelt moved the holiday up a week in an attempt to spur retail sales during the Great Depression. Roosevelt’s plan, known derisively as Franksgiving, was met with passionate opposition, and in 1941 the president reluctantly signed a bill making Thanksgiving the fourth Thursday in November.”