Bolton 70.3

Wouldn’t it be easy to go to Vegas, and then drive from there - must be loads of flights to Vegas? Google says it’s less than 2 hours away .

says fly to vegas and road trip ,think it freeway all the way door to door almost

Only a complete mor(m)on would want to go to Utah. :grin:

1 Like

:raised_hand:

Take a while but you’d get there sooner or Latter…

1 Like

ooh, that pun was something good!

2 Likes

one off they said ?? :joy:

7 Likes

‘back by popular demand’ they are about to say :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Seen a few go down the 70.3/IM in a weekend route, Barcelona now and I think Italy does as well.

That seems to be a good way of extracting more ££££ per race weekend, so I’ll wager it will appear alongside the full next year. They’ll get two registrations out of @Toyota_Crown for starters​:rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

would totally get that

but from a bolton the town point of view would 2 dates be better to get more visiters to the hot spot of the north,

but we talking hypothetically as it was for “one year only”

1 Like

Back in the day, Yes, Bring It On etc.
but feck me I’m past all that now, too old FGS. I could still do it, but Day 2 would be a non competitive crawl. Turns out, I AM human :cry: :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Can someone change this title in case someone enters this?

They’ve released the routes but I haven’t fully looked, 850m ascent on the bike.

2 Likes

Lots of moaning about a “ flat bike course “

4 Likes

Not as flat as your phone battery :joy:

14 Likes

The thing is even more knackered than me these days.
I’d get a new one but they look really complicated

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Hardly worth the trip. Looks shite

2 Likes

It’s on my doorstep, I know those roads, no really technical descents which kill all my time.

Cheap too!

2 Likes

So if I interpret that correctly, the first mini loop is about 20k? So the fastest guys are going to be flying past the start line just as the slowest swimmers are starting. Excellent. I’m sure that won’t cause carnage at all.

7 Likes

To be honest I’m not sure?!
I know someone who will though.

Lots of people who were waiting to enter …. Aren’t now.

Most who already have are pissed off, the road from the flash to Bolton is certainly faster than sheep house, sailing club, Darwen etc especially in the other direction

But bit boring though.

1 Like