Car Thread - anything to do with automobiles here

Had another think about this last night. The cars I’ve selected, in the trim I want, even 2nd hand are within what I can afford but just can’t get my head around sending out that pile of money in one go.

I want a car that has a highish driving position, good boot, good economy and reliable. When I think about logically (boring i know), as much as I hate my Scenic, the bloody thing just keeps going.

So I’m wondering if a second hand Kadjar should be what I’m looking at, kind of ticks the boxes and comes in a good £4k less than the others, which makes it an easy cash purchase for us.

I really like those 3008s but the GT Line 2.0ltr which is the one I like, is quite a step up in price. I realise the ones I’ve been looking at are lower spec/engine.

I actually Googled best small 4x4s recently, and the Kadjar was on the list. I am just going to keep soldiering on with my Legacy; it’s like that Hi-Lux from Top Gear. I literally think I’ll cry when that car finally goes.

The Legacy was a great car. I was looking at Subaru’s line up and I really wonder what happened to that brand. They had some really really great cars, and I don’t even like Mellisa Etheridge!

We have the 2015 Outback too; sadly in diesel, but the petrols were limited supply & too expensive at the time. It’s a nice motor, mainly driven by my wife; it will be interesting to see how robust it is over the longer term. They really need to make the XV a better car by the sounds of it. The Levorg is also a bit meh being an auto CVT too. But that’s the way mainstream cars are going, less of an organic feel, more automated.

My XC riding mate at work has a 2.0ltr auto petrol Levorg. It’s nice inside but a bit ‘Nintendo’ on the dash. Great looking car but he says they only sold about 18 of them in the UK! he gets woeful economy.

The XV ticks nearly all my boxes, except the boot is so very small.

I could probably get away with the XV as a second car, but the thought of another CVT leaves me cold. Would save me a lot in VED though!

friend of mine turned with the Tesla model 3 yesterday.

Have never experienced anything like it (and I have been in some very very fast cars.) I thought the acceleration was going to squish my insides and make my brain explode. Something to do with the instant torque and constant acceleration curve I guess.

Want one.

2 Likes

Are the manuals no good?

I think by the time I come to replace the Legacy (hopefully), the manuals will be a bit old for my liking.

You wouldnt weant one if a Tesla has a fault.

56% rate Tesla support as Bad … “The automaker was rated 27th of 29 brands in the publication’s 2018 ranking of the most reliable auto brands”

I suppose the other one to throw in the mix would be Skoda Karoq?

Sportage or Tucson?

That would be patriotic thing to do in our household of course :laughing: But whenever I’ve looked at them, although a lower price, there always seems to be something about the build I don’t like, plus they seem far from economical.

Scrub the Karoq, too expensive.

My heart always says no to Kia or Hyundai.

1 Like

When I was looking at the Kodiaq last year and saw the prices, I was like …LOLZ. Although they were very new then.

I looked at the Karoq reviews last night, and they were singing the praises of the top two spec models because you can move the seats back and forth independently, tumble them forward or remove them completely, brilliant. Then I thought 'hang on, my 15yr old Scenic does that! :smile:

I was surprised at how high the Karoq used prices were, I suppose they might come down when the 3/4 yr old ex lease cars hit the market.

Nice looking car though.

That’s exactly how I feel. My dad sent a pic of one as an alternative to the Audi, as I too am feeling the pinch of the price tags, but I just can’t be excited about those cars. Buying an estate is bad enough, please can I just get myself a ‘nice’ one.

1 Like

touring is the way forward, dont tell my wife but she was right… and no one likes being passed by a rep mobile with a big boot.

Not a 3 Series then.