Car Thread - anything to do with automobiles here

One teenager who doesn’t live with me
One significant other who hates BM”s
No dogs… unfortunately
One bike at a time…

Current Audi A3 tdi goes like stink and plenty big enough, just always wanted a 335d.

My wife recently moaned that my saloon was rubbish and i’d need to change when we have kids. So i came home with a touring… albeit a quick touring

1 Like

The advantage of the Outback, is that it has a near vertical rear door, while the A6 has a sloping rear door, and you lose lots of bike carrying space

I currently have an Audi Q7, which is massive, but really doesn’t carry that much. before that I had a Kia Sedona, which is relatively short, pretty wide and has an absolutely massive boot. Even though the Audi does everything really well, I think that I preferred the Kia in many ways, and it was much easier to park than the Audi

Another car to consider could be VW Passat, which is between A4 and A6 in size, but due to steeper tailgate probably more practical than A6. Mercedes E class is also very big inside.

Hero buy that…!
That’s a proper car
If I had to have one car it would be that but not an estate, I’m carp at parking or the 3.0 tdi Audi

Feeling a tad inadequate with a sub-230bhp here, thanks

2 Likes

Weight?

My 1.5 diesel is pretty puny too. Don’t worry, some of us just worry about FTP not willy waving HP.

1 Like

To Barrow…

Further north. Similar industry :shushing_face:

1 Like

Then maybe you need a Lotus Esprit like Roger Moore’s white one.

1 Like

Only if its the Turbo version… you know HP an all…

Well one of mine is in the garage now awaiting a service. It;s not had one in a long time, power has been dropping recently, but of turbo lag and front brake pads deffo need replacing. Yey.

I realy don’t need this bill coming in right now, with my new downstairs floor finally being fitted next week and the new dining table and sideboard now on order. Let’s hope the family like porridge!! haha

Adulting sucks!!!

1 Like

Doing 40k a year mines serviced twice a year and a new set of brake pads. plus tyres.

i cant wait for it to be out of BMW warranty so i can take it to an Independent.

My POS Scenic just refuses to die, or break down (annoyingly), done 103,000 miles now. I’ve been window shopping for an age and test driven a few and keep going round in circles but have narrowed it down to a X1 18d SE or a Peugeot 3008 2.0 GT Line. (both 2nd hand).

1 Like

Mine is an x1. Love the car, but it’s not as big as it looks. The boot flatters to deceive. When you drop the seats it’s huge. But with the seats up, not so good (if that’s important). Nice, comfy and safe though.

Mine just cost me almost 700 quid :tired_face::tired_face:

All consumables, so can’t really complain. But i still don’t want this bill! :pound: :pound: :pensive:

2 Likes

Ouch…

Which model do you have GB?

The first version, mine is a 12 plate which is about the last year of that first model. And to be honest it does show i.e. things like bluetooth, led display screen etc would normally have been standard in a BMW in 2012. But obviously my car is a 2005/6 vehicle with a 12 plate. I guess there may have been some minor upgrades during that time (?) i don’t really track that sort of thing. But it was a good price.

I’ve got an S Drive 20d efficient dynamics model.

Ah cheers. I would probably be looking at something like 3-4yrs old, not sure if that has Car Play or whatever, depends on the options selected I guess.

I really wish the newer Suzuki Vitaras has a bigger boot, as I’d be happy enough in one of those on the cheap n cheerful side of things.

Mrs FP wants me to have a ‘nice car’ as I’ve never really had one. Always spent my money on cycles and race motos. I do like the wireless phone charging feature in the 3008.

Yeah i bought mine at 3 years old with about 34,000 on the clock. But i guess got a better price as the new shape was just about to be released. With the arrival of the two kids it avoided the fate of our previous car as Mrs GB went down to part time (with 2 x maternities). She uses that one and used to commute a lot for work. So the mileage has been much lower in the past 4 years. Think it’s mid 70’s or mid 80’s now.