Commonwealth Games 2022

Great result - really exciting

1 Like

Love the way decathletes look sort of….like us in the 10k.

4 Likes

Sorry 1500m they do….

2 Likes

Was there dancing? Oh no that’s netball … she was pretty funky. Clearly thrives on it. Having delved further into this subject - if you’re a hot blooded male - I’d avoid the socials :rofl::flushed:

Slow day today - 200m heats. How many heats are there?! 2 days of heats of a race no one cares about. Unless you were a fan of Cyril Regis. The rice crispie kid lol

Fucks sake - just line them all up, point them in a direction and shout ‘RUN!’ watch a scrummage ensue - first 8 or whatever qualify for the who gives no fucks final after the games is over. Just open the stadium when everyone’s left and get it done

:yawning_face:

F O

2 Likes

The English beach volley ball squad are Spanish

Welcome to, I don’t even know what that is?

The Scottish 400mtr runner today was English.

These things rarely matter. I certainly don’t sound Australian but my passport and ATO records say I am :smile:

If that freaks you out, definitely don’t take a look a look at the Aussie table tennis squad. :rofl:

1 Like

Not one to stereotype … But might they have a tad Asian heritage in the old family tree?! :joy:

3 Likes

Treacherous bastard

2 Likes

I prefer the term ‘keeping all options open’ :joy:

1 Like

That’s a possibility :smile:

Interesting story with the Aussie diver. He used to dive for China, came to Oz to coach their team (also interesting that the rest of the coaching team are English). He couldn’t speak English very well, so found it easier to show them what to do.

That kept him in shape and the team persuaded him to come out of retirement and compete for Oz. I’m sure the speed of of citizenship application was a pure coincidence :wink:

3 Likes

None of the rhythmic gymnasts had names that would (stereotypically) come from the countries they were representing.

The world is a very big melting pot these days.

3 Likes

Darn - Jake wightman blew it - bronze. Think he attacked too early

1 Like

Oz are on fire in the netball

1 Like

Eng never looked to be on equal terms since it was 13-10

1 Like

ohh diving. I think I’ve attained head judge status by now :smile:

1 Like

Watching diving with an absolutely stinking hangover

:face_with_head_bandage:

what you need is a warm anchovy milkshake :+1:

4 Likes

:nauseated_face:

800m final tonight - Keely vs Muir - going to be epic

7:45pm after the women’s 400m hurdles

Muir again in 1500m finals tomorrow at 7:20

1 Like

Haven’t worn a pair of budgie smugglers since was a kid. Remember trying on a pair early noughties and was f’ck that! Brave alone walking out in a pair of them.

… when did swimmers :man_swimming: stop wearing them? :thinking: huh… :memo:

2 Likes