Confessions thread. Don't be shy!

I once worked out my average ie mean crisp consumption was 6 packets a day. It scared me enough to make changes.

Now about 4 a day. Progress…

4 Likes

crisp packets come in anything from 18g to 200g though, so that’s not a great measure!

No ,fair enough.

Let’s say 150g/ day down to 100g…

Friend at work showed me his crisps the other week. He’d opened them for lunch but was so galled at them containing only 4 crisps that he just went round everyone showing them off. 4!!

I’ve had to call taxis twice in a month just for punctures :flushed:

4 Likes

Oh dear. That sucks.

Is there anything you can change to stop this?

Just bad luck or can you consider different tyres?

Tubulars?

One little thing I did was get a crank bros tyre lever. I don’t get pinch flats anymore as design seems to prevent that…locks onto rim with your hand inside so you don’t batter your knuckles either.

Anyway, surely that’s all your bad luck now for the year!

Me? Bet I’ll have a frigging puncture now tomorrow…

I could learn to fix one/be better self-sufficient! :joy: A puncture is probably the only thing I could fix at roadside.
First one my pump was broken; yesterday I was borrowing a bike and didn’t consider beforehand that the valve on my spare tube might not be long enough for the wheels.

3 Likes

Apparently the tubes can deteriorate sitting in your saddle bag. Pretty sure mine have been there for a couple of years so really ought to swap them out.

Im definitely due a puncture when out as opposed to finding a flat tyre just before I set off, or it occurring 400m down the road as it did last time I got a puncture on my TT bike.

I guess I’m just blessed! :grinning:

Haha…just kidding. Thought I’d ask fate if it wanted a chocolate, as my wife says. :joy: May as well get the pain over with while she’s here sans kids and can come rescue me easily!!

1 Like

I’m about to get ready to go out on my bike.

I have just realised I never quite got round to having a shower after yesterday’s ride. And I sweat a lot.

Minging. Totally minging. I now have to change my sheets too. Bet I won’t though. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks I now spurtled Coffee on my keyboard

6 Likes

I’m still in bed :grimacing:

2 Likes
  1. After spending more than half my life in England, I still drink Irnbru :partying_face:

2. When the last 10 year? government survey came around I was genuinely (and remain) pissed that I could not accurately fill in the response to (something like) ‘how do you see yourself nationality wise’, as there was insufficient space.

I wanted to write: Scottish, British, European (alas no more thanks Cameron), and importantly Earthling.

I do genuinely consider myself an Earthling, one reason why I try to look at issues from a global perspective (as best I can obviously).

As an aside, if you do look at things globally a lot of things become nonsense (eg two sides in wars both claiming Gods will) or just plain silly (eg money addiction) And you see how our world is failing because of the excesses of human nature. Which hopefully in due time evolution will resolve away as Homo Erectus/Nethanderal/Denisovian etc evolved to Homo Sapien, Homo Sapien will evolve to Homo whatever. It’s only really a question of whether we want to control the process (we are visibly failing badly) or whether God/Mother Nature/our visiting friends do it for us.

1. I miss triathlon. :pleading_face:
3 Likes

These Brewdog lagers are too tasty to be having a slab in the cupboard. Can’t stop. Just dipping in. Especially as they’re small cans. It’s a false economy, cos I always end up having two! :joy:

4 Likes

just contemplating opening one more now, WFH does make it easier as my desk is 23 ft from my bed!

2 Likes

A Nigel, obvs.
(Could be a Yaxley/Tommy at a push).

2 Likes

I hosted a TriTalk house party that everyone in attendance literally never spoke about again, it was that naughty

3 Likes

Welcome back @Cadenceminge there’s not nearly enough smut or innuendo on TT 2.0

1 Like

I once had a cigarette stood at the front door waiting for the running club mini-bus to pick me up for Manchester Marathon.
Sprayed myself with deodorant and ran a Pb (it wasn’t that fast, surprisingly).

3 Likes

Hee hee.

One of the pirates famously stood up at the briefing for Ironman Switzerland, and asked if you were allowed to smoke in transition!

5 Likes

if it’s the one I’m thinking of, then he also stopped on the bike for a fag at the top of the Beast and to eat his chicken wrap. IMCH 2005

4 Likes

The legend that is Glen Gorrick at IMOZ, a looong time ago!

4 Likes