Confessions thread. Don't be shy!

I’m too slow to read the questions that ITV put on before the adverts on the highlights show :cry:

2 Likes

yep, that’s the fella…also electrical taped a slice of pizza to his handlebars the next year… :joy:

1 Like

and used a bottle of decent merlot to hammer in tent pegs

3 Likes

And if you’re thinking that Glen changed just before the finish, he ran the whole marathon like that. His time?

Run 03:54:49 10:36:08

2 Likes

How’s this for a cock up

Packed my bike in the roof box last night.
Wheels off, handlebars off of the stem, seat post/saddle off. Moved my car closer to my house to pack the rest of the stuff we’re taking. Little noise from the roof box, open it up have a quick look. All there, think nothing of it.
Drive to Bristol have a nice evening.

4 am. Have weird dream about the noise. Think nothing of it. Wake up. Fuck. I now realise what that noise was

Guess who is now the owner of an old Planet X stealth tt. Minus the seatpost, saddle, clamp, bottle cage, tool kit and expensive disc wheel valve adaptor.

Fuck sake. Seat post and clamp appear to be discontinued and obsolete. Hooray

1 Like

Not following. Did you run the bits over?

No, they slid off the back off of my roof as I drove away. Fuming with myself!

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha. oops!

Yeah, have a feeling my wallets going to be considerably lighter soon!

Ouch. On the flip side, new bike day?

2 Likes

I’ll talk to the finance director after the 113 tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Being serious. Are they not just on your drive then? Could you ask a neighbour?

Or were you a lot further away?

In our village, I reckon it’d still be worth tapping into the local grapevine and someone might have picked it up?

Put it another way; how much cycling detritus do you see on your wanderings? Do you ever pick it up? Or assume said unlucky fool needs it and will be returning to get it?

Fingers crossed anyway.

1 Like

Unfortunately not a driveway but a fairly busy road. I text a mate a mate who lives round the corner to take a look this morning. Couldn’t see anything.

It’s the whole bloody seatpost and saddle. Hopefully a Good Samaritan has picked it up and passed it on to the garage over the road.

A saddle and tools fair enough. You could sell those on. A Planet X seatpost is a bit niche

1 Like

You could try the time trialling forum to see if anyone has one to sell.

Or the Facebook group?

1 Like

Yeah. I’ll have a look when I get home. Spent 6 hours in the car driving to and fro to get my road bike :weary::flushed: not exactly ideal prep

2 Likes

Oh my days!

13 Likes

Sounds great news - until you find out it’s for a brompton…

Was that Gruff on the Molesey Mums chat?

1 Like

Why do I think of Viz when I see Molesey Mums’? :laughing:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he masquerades in there

Got it back :raised_hands:t2: Minus my multi tool and bottle. Bottom of seat post is cracked but I’ll just cut that off. What a legend. I’m off to buy him a big box of beer! :blush:

13 Likes