Cotswold 113 #halfIRONWAR

That’s a solid last 12 months of training for you Poet. From my own experience of coming back after a long lay-off (10 years!) I can tell you that unless you make some seismic shifts, you’re already most of the way up the diminishing returns curve. That first year if you’re dedicated gives big improvements. I went from a bit of casual running to 10:09 in Roth in 13 months; as you know I didn’t progress much after that; 9 mins over Ironman and about the same over HIM too.

I wouldn’t leave it too long if you want to ‘go large’ as you’re in the sweetspot age wise at the moment.

Yes, it’s about 480 hours for the rolling year, which is where I was for the three times I did Outlaw.
Yeah, I know, I know…problem is, it’s all about the bike and I just don’t enjoy cycling that much :frowning:

Swimming, I now enjoy way way more than I did. I think the local lake being of excellent quality and having a lot of people attend helps with that, as does a squad swim every now and again.

Running is incredible, I love it. But, to get that 3:45 marathon down to 3:25, I’m going to need to cycle more :-1:

Target is probably Barca in a couple of years time, with a warm up at Tenby (as listening to Foggy talk about Bolton has put me right off!)

The power meter makes the bike feel like cheating, so that’s a massive help.
Though, riding to power for the past three weeks, solo, has been boringAF

My slowest time on the hillier bike course is 2:33, best is 2:29 iirc. My slowest swim was 31 last year, but normally I’m 28/29 if I knuckle-down (a tad short hence sub 30). Your run goal seems to have shifted slightly from you pace prediction of 4:06! The run is ~20.6km, so that should put you more like 1:25 at that pace.

So either we are sandbagging or re-assessing :wink::crazy_face:

1 Like

“I think he feels the pressure”

You’ll also need to persuade Stenard to do the same to me in Elsinor. I am 45-49 in Hamburg

I recon I will catch him on the bike, and see how long I can stay in front on the run

12kg fully kitted up,
[/quote]

?
That’s a heavy bike…!?
I guess it’s a flat course

Podcast was hardly inspiring stuff …!

I’ll probably do it again next year then Barca or Copenhagen for a fast one.

Jorgan putting the mind games on you, wish it was on television!

A time has gone out the window for me. I’m going to try another gentle run tonight as my calf seems to have settled down but my main goal for Sunday is to not completely ruin my chances of finishing IMCH.
Tonight will decide whether I pace it at IM intensity of just go hell for leather as an aqua/bike and hit the bar early.

1 Like

Sandbagging :wink:

I didn’t know the run and swim were a touch short!
When I’ve looked at the swim times, I thought they looked long (and asked here if so!)

Imagine Trauwig’s voice…

"One is from the North, the other the South
One a tech savvy millennial, the other a luddite closer to 50
He tracks and analyses everything, whereas he just goes with what he knows
he drives a new car with a very long warranty, the other guy just has something that resembles a car
One has read about the Cotswolds, the other has it printed on the back of his hand
10 years and nearly 30,000 posts and it comes down to this, two men, one course, one very cheap looking trophy.

Welcome to Lake 32, it’s 4:30 am…"

3 Likes

The trophy’s also very small…

1 Like

Yes, they then slagged off Barca and the drafting (but c’mon, not drafating, in a pace line, that’s how to do a nice easy 5:10 bike and run 3:25 off the bike)

THIS. IS. INCREDIBLE :rofl:

I’ve just opened a fresh bag of Waitrose #1 Java coffee, things can only get more hyped from here.

I should be easy to spot out on the bike, my frame is now Porsche Miami Blue :sunglasses:

Best colour ever for Stuttgart’s finest.
My last two have been black, one with sparkles!!

I had one in Lapis Blue; fab in direct sunlight. But that was before I got married and we had kids. Now everything goes on a 200 year old house; it’s endless.

The way you ran recently, I wouldn’t have particularly high expectations that I can run you down. Especially as I’m coming in with pretty poor bike fitness, which is likely going to hamper my run even more

Mine never moves
2010 with 35 k on it.
1-2 k a year
Goes well…

What is it? I ‘only’ had a Boxster S, it looked great with the 911 5-spokes on it. No traction, so scared myself a couple of times in the wet over in Germany. Managed a GPS 164mph on the Autobahn before I had to lift-off.

This one is a Cayman S.
Nice thing…
I had a 911 ( 964 ) sold it cheap as I was skint…
Worth five times what I sold it for now…!
Thems the breaks I guess

yeah, that’s low interest rates making classic values go through the roof.

I saw a Cayman 918 in Miami Blue at the Gym the other day. Gert lush.