Cotswold 113 #halfIRONWAR

You have our numbers the wrong way around!

Sub 4:38 would be a course PB for me. I’ve gone 4:38:** in 2016 & 17.

Changed!!!

Note the posting time.
I got up early to do a 55km bike, but it’s raining.
Or it’s 18 degrees and sunny at 1500…so I’ve still not biked at race time.

BBS Estimate:

:open_mouth:

Wuss. I either go out early as planned, or not at all. Family commitments init. You’re definitely an honorary Millennial :smile:

What surprises you about the BBS file? 226w seems quite high for that split, but it’s probably seen that picture of your position :rofl::wink:

1 Like

WFH - early finish innit.

I was 80kg for that ride, IIRC, so 226W is about right for 3W/kg.
Roads are diabolical, and there were a few little hills.
200W AP is about 30kmh for me on the winter bike.

The surprise is that BBS got it bang on what I estimated. I’ll be slower than that on the day

Ah right, thought you were lighter than that. How tall are you?

I dropped to 72.3 this morning, after last night’s 23k run. I can’t do another run that long without any nutrition/fluid, I was struggling into the wind last 5km or so, and the ‘uphill’ finish wasn’t helping. I was covered in salt afterwards, unlike last week. I’ll probably take a small bottle of diluted iso-gel with me, and dump it in a bin en-route. I’m thinking the lunchtime swim intervals probably didn’t help either.

I think he just called you fat @Poet

2 Likes

184cm

It’s too late Tommo, we saw your posts :blush:

The whole “post withdrawn by author” just begs intrigue!

2 Likes

He was just admitting that his stomach & nipples wobble when he descends the stairs :rofl: then presumably thought better of it.

4 Likes

Wave 1
Jorgan No. 24 Target: Operation HalfIronWar (he wants to defy time with a 4:38)
Poet No. 16 Target: Operation HalfIronWar (i will overbike and die on the run, but he still won’t catch my lard arse)
Buzz ???

Wave 2

Wave 3

Wave 4

Wave 5
Wheezy No. 635 Target 4:54:59 (might as well split the difference)
Andy G No. 527 Target sub5?

Not sure what’s happened to ‘PCP’. He’s doing it, but maybe has other stuff on his plate.

Thought we’d need a trophy. No expense spared. There is no second place.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

amazing!

Like most things in my life, it’s actually not that impressive.

I think back in Tritalk V1.0 a bag of minty balls was also traditional for the winner. Will see if I can get some from somewhere.

… simple things

WTAF??!?!

How have you done that???

IT is actually incredible.
Uncle Joe’s Minty Balls are available in abundance up here, along with his Winter Nips.

But we digress…I’m trying to find some half decent, relatively inexpensive, dog friendly accommodation, that isn’t an inn, either within the water park, or Cirencester.
Ideas?

Elastic-trickery

1 Like

I’m actually now sad I’m not competing*, just for the chance of taking home such a prestigious award!

*genuinely!

1 Like

Depends how long you are planning on staying. There will be loads of s/c lets in the waterpark, but most will want longer than a day or 2, and be set-up for 4-6 people. Not sure on the dog policy in some of the parks either.
More traditional B&B in and around Cirencester will depend on your definition of cheap. There is a Premier Inn on the east edge of town and a travelodge to the north (not sure on their dog policy) and a fair few B&B either attached to pubs or close by. But £100/night is probably the going rate. I stayed at ivyhousecotswolds.com once and can recommend their breakfast, although what it’s like at 4am is anybody’s guess.
There is camping on site if you are want the cheapest / closest option.