Cotswold Classic / 113

Would seem so: https://twitter.com/David88Cole/status/1289890316741419008

I mean 4.06 is ficken rapid for an amateur (and for some pros too)

Yeah thatā€™s the lad. Donā€™t know him personally, but he trains with an old school friend of mine. Solicitor as well. Some people are just gifted! Ha ha

Was the bike fully self sufficient?
What did you carry?

Yes. But as mentioned, there is an emergency aid station if you need water. But you have to stop, rack your bike, sanitise, help yourself from a table, then go back to your bike and remount.

I carried more than I needed, but itā€™s a flat course so no penalty. I ejected one rear bottle on the first lap as well. I only got through about 600ml of PH1500 and 400ml of Maurten.

Thanks. Good point with the course being flat
That emergency aid station sounds a complete faff!

At some of the triā€™s iā€™ve marshalled at, that would be a helpful approach for some racers, regardless of the virusā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

maybe so but only way itā€™s allowed under the COVID regs

Yeah, I get that and its good they are offering it and Im sure its useful for some but Iā€™d rather try & carry an extra bottle

Does that 4:26 (and his 4:06) include transitions?

No. The official results neutralised transition. I did about 4:29:30 including transitions.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s some fast transitioning :+1: Overall time also not too shabby :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I genuinely donā€™t know what people do in transition. I actually took a ā€œlong timeā€ in this one, as I knew it was neutralised. I didnā€™t bother starting to strip my wetsuit off until I was at my bike.

superb racing mate. Now weymouth is cancelled,i think your race report has sold this event to me for 20th september.

1 Like

are there still places?
I see that Graeme is exploring bike legs for itā€¦so maybe not the pan flat one?

arse, i think its closed

Helvellyn then :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, it appears so. I even thought about racing again in Sept yesterday, but itā€™s showing as closed. I got lucky with my Classic spot - Graeme allows transfers and I got the spot off an injured clubmate

1 Like

Hever gauntlet it is then

see you there - Iā€™m Chief TO

1 Like