COVID-19 The Thread

Heart rate normal when resting & walking. Maybe a little elevated at 0.6-0.7 IF on the bike, but from testing today it sky rockets running at easy pace.

Will see if I can test swimming at the weekend, but not sure what low HR swimming is like anyway. Will try for 2:00/100.

Endurance bike seems okay, running maximum at recovery pace for now. Short stuff too.

4 Likes

Apparently the jubilee bank holidays and associated celebrations were superspreader events and cases are up 20% :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

My heart rate was bonkers when exercising after covid.

For example, seeing easy efforts on the turbo and getting 140/150 bpm where I would have seen something like 110/120bpm pre covid.

Just keep it easy and ticking over itā€™ll pass

5 Likes

Came to this thread to see what others were/are going through and how they recovered. This is not giving me hope for my Alp trip in 11 days. Iā€™m going to spending 4days at 2500m - 3000m doing some alpine training. By the sounds of it my heart rate and lungs are not going to want to play properly :angry:

2 Likes

My own experience was that after 3-4 days I didnā€™t feel too bad but was lethargic until about day 7, I was positive until day 10 but did two very easy bike rides in the garage on day 8 & 9. Very easy, otherwise Iā€™d had complete rest and slept quite a bit.

I built up steadily over a week but although I was generally ok when doing steady exercise I struggled with intensity. Then had a half marathon which was hard to gauge as it was something like a 30mph wind!

I was pretty cautious though. The altitude is going to be the unknown as the air is going to be thin and cold at those levels.

If it helps I did do some 1K reps on the treadmill 2 weeks after first getting it.

Iā€™d say try and rest up now and recover, but a few others have struggled. Equally I know somebody who was clear after day 7 and running again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply Jeff. Yeh, thereā€™s not a lot I can do. Iā€™m just taking it easy and hoping my lungs donā€™t get too affected - having asthma theyā€™re always the first thing to get ill and the last to recover.

2 Likes

Fu&kitty fuckitty fuk

Insult quite literally added to injury

Still better now than when recovered from back/sciatica thingy

13 Likes

GF went to her brothers gig at the weekend - so far 14 have now gone down with Covid :rofl:

Thereā€™s a photo of them all piled into a corner waving at the cameraā€¦ yep - theyā€™re all now ill :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

heart rate is fine but have trouble running at any effort. Have to keep stopping. Body fighting on two fronts recovering from injury so frustrating. Swimming no issues whatsoever. Havenā€™t tried bike yet. Not wanting to charge up a hill.

But no fatigue day to day, in fact I feel rejuvenated having had a few days off

Noticed if running after 45 mins I start coughing lightly and bring up some gunk - not a lot. Iā€™m taking it fairly steady. Had pneumonia a few years ago so being fairly cautious

Physio said today to be careful. He said one patient - his head just canā€™t handle a lot post covid. It clearly effects people in many different ways

6 Likes

Was chatting to a guy at work yesterday whoā€™s had it recently. Said his short term memory had gone to pot. Heā€™s got to scribble everything down now or he just forgets, whereas he never used to take notes at meetings and stuff. Odd.

3 Likes

Thanks for writing @toby_Hole_in_the_leg I probably read it somewhere, but my brains not working properly, how long are you post covid? Iā€™m feeling lots better than I was, but have no desire to do sport. Just generally tired and getting out of breath easily. Also, everything is too much, like my head canā€™t handle anything stressful - but I was at that point before reallyšŸ˜…
On a good point I got the dates wrong for my trip, itā€™s a week later, so at least I get longer to recover and decide if I can gošŸ˜Š

3 Likes

Iā€™m sort of chuckling through my current absent mindedness as tiredness but I am now starting to worryā€¦I went to see an old friend last night and walked down the wrong road for ten minutes before wondering where the hell I was going.

7 Likes

Iā€™m 13 days since negative test post illness. Swimming outside was just really nice after being stuck inside for a few days. I may run today and see how I feel. I think little and often maybe is best rather than big long efforts.

2 Likes

:joy: off to the knackers yard

1 Like

Current tally post GFā€™s brothers gig - 17 cases and rising

5 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot about :grimacing:

1 Like

A friend of ours has just tested positive for the 5th time!

Iā€™m not so sure about this ā€œlearn to live with itā€ malarkey.

7 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve got a good running/tri friend having a helluva time with long covid & my wife took a while to bounce back.

Itā€™s a lottery.

7 Likes

Yeah bit worried about contracting it again - starting a community arts project soon - all these pesky young bacteria buckets lol - so going to get it a week before Wales

3 Likes

I tested negative again today. Feel like I need a bit to recover though.

3 Likes