COVID-19 The Thread

Ok for your trip?

1 Like

Not sure. My lungs arenā€™t feeling too good at the moment, due to my asthma. Will see what I can do and how they feel by the end of next week. I think Iā€™ve resigned to not going, so if I do feel well enough to go, then it will be a bonus!!

3 Likes

On the radio right now :radio: saying covid cases spiked 45% in one week in UK

Additionally there are two type a and b variants of the omicron variant so itā€™s possible to be reinfected as it will get around your immune system

Cheery

4 Likes

Mum has got COVID for a 3rd time.
Neighbours both have it too.

5 Likes

COVID free forever here.
Parents donā€™t have it, neighbours donā€™t have it, nobody I personally know have it :+1:t3:

#PositiveAboutNotBeingPositive

3 Likes

seems that a number of BTF staff have gone down with Covid since Leeds last weekend and have advised all of us there on duty to do a LFT. I feel fine so wonā€™t bother and I also have a pre-op PCR test for it on Tuesday (for Friday op) so letā€™s see what that says. fnigers corssed it wonā€™t be +ve as that means another op delay!

4 Likes

Bike recovery/progress:

09/05 173W @124bpm
28/05 Covid strikes
05/06 177W @135-140bpm
09/06 Covid negative, 177W @132
18/06 125 for 177W 135 for 190W

Endurance bike pace would seem to be recovered. :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

Tested clear

Rode bike to pace Mrs T on training ride

11km walk this afternoon

Might try a gentle 30 min run tomorrow depending on how my sciatica is playing up

Will be first run in about 4 weeks - might be a bit early but I am going nuts not doing anything

11 Likes

Sounds like the recovery is going well @tunster. Hope the run goes ok today :blush:

2 Likes

My Mum keeps saying we need a certificate or proof of in date vaccination status to fly with TUI, but I canā€™t see anything on the Internet or TUI website about it :person_shrugging:

The NHS App doesnā€™t download on my phone either, even with a VPN; although I could use the NHS CV19 app?

Does it not depend on the country you are travelling to?

1 Like

I guess. But they flew to Majorca and said they needed them. Again doesnā€™t say that on latest TUI guidance ETA - yeah it does :sweat_smile: but nothing for Montenegro. I should probably just get a booster anyway, and get a certificate.

1 Like

Is she referring to Verifly? Itā€™s an app that a lot of the airlines use. We needed it earlier this year for South America.

If my shoulder heals in time, Iā€™m supposed to be cycling to Paris next month and Iā€™m doing another event in the French Alps at the end of August. France wants a full Covid vaccination less than 9 months before travel.

I had my booster in early December 21, so the Alps trip is only just within the 9 months. If I do any travelling after that to anywhere requiring vaccination within 9 months Iā€™ll need a 2nd booster.

Are they even offering 2nd boosters to non-vulnerable categories? Most of the vaccination centres seem to have shut down now.

1 Like

It was required to enter Mallorca in April. Flash the NHS app barcode and straight through.

1 Like

I was wondering about this, does a negative test cover you?

Otherwise Iā€™m nackered for UTMB

Edit, and as you say a lot of people will have expired by then

1 Like

I think you are good with a negative PCR test 72 hours before travelling

1 Like

Nope, no current plans for any more boosters for non vulnerable and itā€™s not available privately.

1 Like

So weā€™re heading back towards a situation where most people will need a negative PCR before travelling

1 Like

I canā€™t see how they can easily enforce that with the open borders and other countries having different rules.

Although Iā€™ll have to investigate when I go to Holland next month as Iā€™m probably transiting France via the tunnel

2 Likes