Cremated or buried

Cremated or buried?

Immortality at père lachaise, or being thrown into the wind

Happy new year

1 Like

I actually like the idea of these burials where you’re in a compostable coffin. Turn back into soil and feed the land. I like that idea.

8 Likes

I really don’t care, just make sure I’m dead.

After that I guess the most economical and environmentally sound way.

To be honest I quite like the idea of one of those cages where the birds peck you dry, but can’t see Mrs FT swinging for it if I go first.

6 Likes

Shot out of a cannon please or burried at sea

6 Likes

That’s Zoroastrian- they leave you to be picked dry in a chimney I think

3 Likes

air funeral - let the birds take me

4 Likes

Cremation fills me with horror - part Bond film, part going to too many already with that awful ceremony and level of anonymity before being turned out for the next one

3 Likes

Yes but you’ll be dead

5 Likes

You hope

4 Likes

Yeah but it’s so oppressive for the mourners. Shit food in a pub after etc etc

1 Like

I once saw a middle aged woman who’d had a hot flush at a crematorium, and without thinking turned to her neighbour and asked “is anyone else burning up in here, or is it just me?”

She was mortified when she realised what she had said & decided that HRT was the answer.

13 Likes

I hate crematoriums - something about the weird 60’s/70’s architecture in the hinterlands. So oppressive

Village church yard - that’s nice. That would be ok

Interestingly - 50% of tri talk so far are into the Zoroastrian method… :thinking: very progressive

1 Like

Tough gig going through menopause

Just hopefully not the consanguinity part of it, eh :face_with_peeking_eye::face_vomiting:

Keep it in the family and all that jazz :+1:t3:

1 Like

direct cremation then, then there’s no awful ceremony

I really don’t care and as we’ve just gone through a family bereavement MrsS wanted to get wills drawn up that stated a preference and it caused some friction when I said I’m not giving one.

I’m not religious in any respect and think death is the end of your concerns with the mortal world, whatever happens afterwards has nothing to do with you. Besides, if I’m the last surviving I’m not planning on having any assets left over so it’ll be whatever the state provides.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Our council doesn’t even do kitchen waste yet…

8 Likes

We were given little bins for that to throw into the bigger bin downstairs… used it once. Such a faff. Think it’s an impromptu container for something now… maybe I threw that out. The lid snapped off

1 Like

FiL died fairly suddenly in December 2021. He’d been in hospital because he’d broken his hip and had just moved into a nursing home because of his dementia a few days before. BiL had been in the UK to visit his dad but had just flown back to Australia and couldn’t fly back to the UK immediately.

MiL didn’t want to have a funeral without BiL there and she wasn’t on good terms with the rest of FiL’s family. She decided to have FiL cremated without any sort of a service, so it was done without anyone present.

The intention was to have some sort of a memorial and/or wake at a later date when BiL and other friends and colleagues from overseas could attend. Rather predictably, this has not happened yet and probably never will now.

It seems odd that he hasn’t had a funeral, but I’d be happy for that to happen to me when the time comes. I think it still cost something like £2,000 for the coffin and the cremation :flushed:

5 Likes