Critique my position/bike/thighs

Hell!!!
That’s about a decade old now, right?

I bought a Castelli Perfetto jersey in february and the stitching for the rear pockets has come away already, so it is now one large sagging pocket.
It went back.

1 Like

I’m picking up a theme with your posts in relation to kit! :joy:

1 Like

It’s Italian, you buy the next size up. You were simply bursting out of it :smiley:

1 Like

Yet must be 11 years now and worn every winter. I have a SS one too but that’s showingbits age. Still better than the endura crap my old club used. The champ systems stuff aint great although it’s sized for normal people not short fat Italians

The rear pocket stitching??? Hmm.

@stenard - The Nike’s didn’t go back in the end. But I did just get full matching Rapha kit on a 30-day Trial. Booties went back and have been refunded.
They just don’t make kit like they used to!

:rofl: do you insist on wearing a cycling cap under your helmet, even if the peak means you can’t see where the feck you’re going.

1 Like

Hell yeah! Keeps the sweat from streaming into my eyes.
I’ve more hair than Samson these days.

(It was also from the outlet at Bicester Village, so, you know, “cheap”)

From 2017. Bike fit hasn’t changed, I still need wider pads. Bins are now in the front garden.

IMG_8784

I’m swapping the Giro Advantage for a Bontrager Velocis. Shifters are now campag.

1 Like

^^ Hang on a minute, you’ve changed your user name. Sneaky! Tin Pot.

2 Likes

Cheeky boy!!!

So…first ride since my bike fit.
Numbers are way up. Another test beckons. 90km next week with race gear.

That’s a shame, I rather liked your previous position i.e crap :rofl:

1 Like

:scream:

:wink:

Oh and I’ve trimmed the bush too.

i once won a sweat gutter in an otherwise excellent 2nd place prize of stacks of Columbia kit…still not quite sure how that got in there…

How “unaero” is a bottle in your jersey pocket?

Just realised I can only fit one bottle cage to my bike, and I need two. Duh.

But why???
Pick them up on course.

I want to pick up two per station. One coke, one electrolytes.

What race are you doing?
That seems an excessive amount between aid stations, unless you don’t want to stop at every one?
That’s 80g carbohydrate in the Coke, and say normal High 5 drink, that’s another 80g carbs.
You should be aiming for, something like, 60g-90g carbs per hour. So one bottle should easily last two hours.

The coke is 700ml and 70g carb. The electrolytes drink has none.

I’m staving of dehydration which has crippled me twice so far.

Ah, that makes sense!
Erm, maybe look at those behind the saddle bottle launchers by X-Lab?

This was aimed at Poet btw, not ‘Tin Pot’ :wink: I’m losing all my little advantages as he prepares himself!

1 Like