Current Android phones

Guys, run Zwift on your phones, and let us know how many MINUTES the battery lasts :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

An hour on zwift will cream half an ipad battery for me!!

I tried it on my phone, with the charger in and it was still going down!! :rofl:

2 Likes

After having the same phone for approaching 3 1/2 years, the battery life has started to fall off a cliff to the point where I often have to charge a couple of times a day. Was going to buy a handset and then get another sim card but saw a deal which looked better.

Now a Samsung S20 FE 5G is arriving today. It’s bigger and has 5G but fundamentally, there’s very little difference between what I’m getting and the phone going into the tech junk drawer.

Yeah, that was where I ended up the last time I replaced. I’d bought phones outright for the previous decade or so, but the last time around it was only about £10pm more expensive to sign up for a 24m contract, and get a phone for free that was worth about £450. So half price on the phone, and interest free credit, for all intents and purposes.

That contract expires in October, so hopefully will be doing something similar to take advantage of the 5G signal I get for free (that I can’t currently access). OH got an iPhone 12 5G earlier in the year, and is getting download speeds of 160+ mbps, which is crazy

I am glad the market has gone back this way. I remember when a £200 was seen as expensive and a couple of years ago they hit £1000 with contracts at £50 per month which seems like madness to me.

Good point about what is effectively interest free credit and I’m paying maybe £15 more than the cheapest decent sim only deals for a new ish phone with an RRP of £699

I bought a handset outright because Mrs FP and I are still have another year to go on our legacy employee discount. Ours are £7.20 p/m combined. :grin:

1 Like

Crikey, that is frugal

Yeah, gonna be a shock when they expire!

If it powers on, you might be able to plug it into your computer and use that to copy data off?

That phone expired nearly 2 years ago now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

OOps…- didn’t check the date!- Still might hold true tho.

Irony that I just bought a Samsung :upside_down_face:

2 Likes