Doping in UK vs elsewhere

Slowtwitch seems to have a fair few doping threads in your average year. The stuff seems way more accessible over there, especially Testosterone. How long before anti-ageing drugs/clinics become more prevalent here?

Know of anyone?

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Testosterone_Pellets__P6938675/?page=unread#unread

It wouldn’t surprise me at all…but I don’t frequent the kind of places where those conversations take place…

They all sound super informed about drugs!

I think one of the issues in the USA, with this and pain relief addiction is that the whole system is privatenad seemingly less regulated. So if a Dr won’t give you the drugs you want and you have the money, you eventually find a Dr who will. It seems harder over here, although there was that doctor in the news a couple of years back using the ageing clinic scenario to justify doping. It seems easy enough to buy on the internet, not sure what the legal status is and there were some guys caught buying HGH from China that turned out to be distilled water.

2 Likes

I saw that thread on ST, there’s certainly some people in America that don’t think it’s cheating in any way, despite the fact that endurance training does have a negative effect on T.

I gather there is a supplements shop locally who will sell you ‘special stuff’ on request :frowning:

Shame there’s not a bit more testing done.

Jeff

thought I’d just pop this thread back up with this. ffs

1 Like

Not good. There’s been a lot of suggestions about it in football for a long time, I’d guess micro dosing or just a lack of testing.

It’s such a physical and demanding sport (even in this almost non-tackling age) that I can’t see how or why they wouldn’t, particularly with the money involved.

2 Likes

While I was in Mexico over Christmas, nearly every pharmacy (and there are a lot of them) openly advertised HGH to buy over the counter.

Barcelona paid for Lionel Messi’s GH treatment as part of signing him as a teenager. God knows how tall he’d have been without it, he’s about 4’9" now.

5 Likes

I remember some raised eyebrows in the press when Bale went to Spain and suddenly got more ‘hench’…

1 Like

sadly it’s pretty rife in rugby - at all levels but probably worse at levels below the Premier leagues where there are players trying to make it to the top. mostly anabolics to build bulk and strength. 26 players currently banned inclduing one serving a 12 year ban for multiple abuses

1 Like

I’d be amazed if PEDs in professional Football & Rugby weren’t widely used, and swept under the carpet as an expedient. It’s big business after all (sports).

I read the thread title as Dogging in the UK vs elsewhere.

Disappointing.

11 Likes

Especially for someone from Swindon.

Edited - because it made me sound like an aficionado :joy:

4 Likes

With the money involved it’s hard to see how it’s not in most sports at that level and below for the people trying to get there as mentioned above.

People have been found guilty on the TT circuit so it’s going on.

I am not ‘from’ Swindon, I am temporarily domiciled here. :grinning:

But yes, I am aware that its a dogging hotspot.

1 Like

What was the incentive; did they offer to throw in some of those hair straighteners made from rare-earth metals?

Let me tell you; male pattern-baldness is the only thing stopping me being convinced by those QVC sirens.

2 Likes

There is some fancy stuff floating around the Web of Shakira using them, makes a very compelling argument, even for me with my Fat Statham look.

Edit: Wait, you watch QVC? thats interesting, I can never work out who is sitting watching that.

I got told there’s a dogging site just out the back of our estate by my sister a few days ago! On the other side of the tracks, it faces an old quarry so mostly fields.

Nothing to do with doping in sport of course :joy:

2 Likes

Haha; occasionally I channel surf when WFH and it’s actually quiet in the house, to see if there are any decent daytime films on. QVC is about the most engaging thing on daytime TV these days. Sadly.