Dorney Marathon and Half Marathon - 22nd Nov

Crappy run today means I’m listening to my body and saying no

Coming off an easy week (other than the circuit classes) so I thought 15 miles today would be ok after 13 last week.

Nope.

HR high again
Legs fatiguing rapidly after about 80 minutes.
Not having fun.

Doing all the running through lockdown was great but it was only 10km a day. Even the 100 mile week was off the back of 60km weeks with little else going on during the day.

Today was longest run since possibly May/June 2019 and shows there’s not the endurance there for 26.2 miles.

I could drop everything and try and cram.
Half term I could try and drop another 100 mile week in, but cost benefit ratio is too high I feel.

I’d rather enjoy training at the minute, finish decorating and a couple of costumes.

Not sure I’m in the right mental state for what wouldn’t be a lot of fun

4 Likes

Bloody Thames Meander I entered has been caned. Straight to next year no other options.
Quite motivated with my running at the moment. Gutted now ffs!

Sounds like a wise choice, wait until the juices are properly flowing & then there’s always another race to do. It’s just for fun after all.

1 Like

Yep.

Got enough stuff going on to make me miserable.
Don’t need to add to it :rofl:

Outlaw Marathon, anyone?
The laps around the lake…brilliant when you’re swimming and can tick the 38*100m off…not so f’ing great when you are limping around at >6:00/km on the marathon :wink:

2 Likes

I wonder about the chances of this happening now?

1 Like

They’ve just shown off a new medal so they hope so.

1 Like

wonder how many people from Liverpool, Lancashire and Greater Manchester have entered :wink:

1 Like

That’s probably my worry in a few days, but if I can go to work :thinking:

1 Like

oh, yeah!
Boro might be in it soon, too!

Organising another one in April by the look of things, if anyone does want a spring marathon you can train for.

GFA possibility for 22.

2 Likes

Id been keen in April with Brighton now down the toilet

:thinking:

Think it’s the 3rd, have a look on FB or their website. Could be popular. Last one seemed to go well.

1 Like

Been a struggle this week, groin\stomach has been playing up, tried an easy treadmill run tonight after a few days off and doesn’t feel too bad ATM.

But been a bit tired and moody the last few days, wonder if I’m fighting a cold or something, plus the clocks changing and dark nights haven’t sunk in yet.

Hopefully get another run or two in this week and take it from there.

Failing that I’ve already started tapering :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m not a betting but I’d have a lazy ten spot that says this race doesn’t happen.

Sadly I’m expecting the same outcome.

Might give me more time to let my injury heal.

Mixed emotions here if it doesn’t happen. Some disappointment, some relief. Last 3 longish runs have been in filthy weather & a “special” sort of fun.

5 Likes

Contemplating entering! Although I’d also need to find out how to buy some of those cheating shoes.

2 Likes

I was going to buy some this week probably, will hold off until mid-week now.