Enter the Ninja - Funkster goes for two GWRs

HR could be ok if I use a chest strap

Yeah the half is looking more like a great idea, but we all know the difference between a half and a full is a gaping chasm

1 Like

How do we know that’s the previous guy?

Maybe just use the same video sped up 1%!

So yeah, I think you could mount a drift ghost or something on any gopro like harness good enough for that without difficulty, might even be able to carry one in your hand if that’s good enough as that would be less annoying I would’ve thought?

2 Likes

Well you won’t need to be Francis Coppola to beat his video, just own a rocking horse.

I’d be looking for whatever solution interferes the least with your running. I mean, I held an iphone at arms length for a 5k once but I wouldn’t want to do that.

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Would just be holding it in my arm but facing me.

Think some tests are in order

1 Like

If you need to have two people run with you anyway, why not get them to deal with the videoing and leave you to just run?!

3 Likes

I don’t think you have to meet all of those criteria.

I think it’s hierarchy of evidence.
Best to worst.
So you don’t need two people with you, but if you can’t video, then you use that as evidence

Marathon guy had video evidence he filmed himself.
Couldn’t see people with him

I could just do a photo at every mile marker.

What I don’t want to do, is do the run, break the time and them they say there’s not enough evidence.

5 Likes

Ah, I see. Fair enough

Pfft! Are you insane? :crazy_face:

Have you ever tried to film a ninja? :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Last test run today

5 mile warm up into a Parkrun

Most of the costume issues seem to be sorted.
Still a bit of rubbing on one toe, but have a plan for that.

Biggest issue is the heat.
Thinking a run:walk is going to be needed to have a bit of respite, especially in the full.

Pacing seemed ok on the flat today.

7:33 for 5 miles with a couple of short inclines
7:44 for the Parkrun which has 6 which I walked a couple of to keep the HR down.

If I aim to keep the average at anything with a 7 at the front next week we’ve still got plenty of wiggle room to get under 1:54

Key takeaways are going to be hydration and fuelling next week.

There’s water stations on the course, but I’m going to stash a bottle of sports drink about half way round.

10 Likes

Sounds promising :+1:

Did you sort out the recording/evidence collection? Have you tested that?

Doing a test run with the phone in the next day or so

1 Like

Weather report

Wind - good.
Temp - I’m gonna melt.

4 Likes

Go for a late season race. If you fancy a trip to Lucern at the end of October I would be happy to record… not sure what the swiss would make of a racing Ninja

1 Like

Thanks dude, but I’m dialled in for Sunday.
All flying at aerobic pace currently - 9mph

I’m pretty confident I’ll still be able to make it round in the required time.

Worse case is I’ll run round Dorney Lake in December

3 Likes

All the cool kids will be there. :wink:

Maybe not, just realised I got Dorney and Goodwood mixed up. :blush:

9:30 mass start on Sunday, so good for company, not so good for heat - currently looking like 15-18 degrees

As the route is near me, I’m gonna stash a bottle of gel/drink just near halfway as it looks like only water for the rest of the course.

Probably don’t “need” the energy, but better to have it.

Getting a little nervous now

18 Likes

Ive got a mad weekend ahead so I’ll say good luck now, But I don’t think you’ll need it. “Trust the training” as they say. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks dude

I’ll update as soon as possible

2 Likes

You’ll smash it @funkster, good luck!