Fantasy TdF 2023: ***NO SPOILERS BEFORE 8PM HIGHLIGHTS***

I was reading that some of the usual candidates for stage wins etc may not be present owing to the new relegation dynamic. Teams like EF, Lotto and (I think) Jayco were all down in the danger zone.

But there’s a lot more UCI points for a top ten GC for example, than the odd stage win/podium. So EF may put all their eggs into the Uran basket to get that solid GC position rather than running a bit more rampant.

Thays what I read anyway.

2 Likes

Does it include not having Pog in for the first week?

He doesn’t figure.

Eh?

What’s all this about?

I’ve read the rules inside out for the Tissot version… it seems that at all???

It’ll affect how some riders ride in the actual tour.

For example, you may gave picked Neilson Powless as a rider that may get a stage win, based on riding style, past performance etc. But his team orders may be much different this year as he’s told to sit in with Uran to protect his top 10 GC position as that will more points to save the team from relegation at the end of the season.

So no change to the game. But may change certain rider’s behaviour, which may have an impact on your fantasy choices.

2 Likes

Relegation from World Tour status?

Yup

Where are the rules, I can’t find them?

Was it always 400pts for swaps? I thought we got 6 swaps (300 = 50 pts each).

You can earn more by doing the quizzes in the weeks before the race.

Rules are on the website.

I have done 1 quiz, haven’t seen another opportunity.

My Bond theme is ruined.

Renard (The World Is Not Enough) is out! Surely his ability to feel no pain would’ve been of benefit.

Luke Rowe! Come on in…

2 Likes

Did anyone create a Velogames league as well? I’ve just quickly created a team over there as well.

It’s just the one that was there from before.

1 Like

I have Luke Rowe in there, as my 5 pt rider :+1:

1 Like

How will he score any points? Not in any breakaway, won’t win mountain or sprint points, won’t place in the tt.

Actually, crack on and keep him.

1 Like

One of the games gives you points if your team leader wins or is high up in the overall. Can’t remember which game does that.

It doesn’t matter if Rowe scores points.
If you can afford;

Pog/Rog/Vingegaard
WvA/MvdP
Ewen/Jakobsen
Possibly Pinot?

A rider in a TdF jersey scores points daily

Green jersey: Jakobsen. Ewen is a single stage hunter. WvA will be supporting Rog/Vin, so that leaves Jakobsen.

White Jersey: Pog (he’ll be wearing this from tomorrow)
Yellow jersey: Pog (it’ll be a while until he gets this one, reckon Gamna will keep it until Day 4?)

Polka: thibaut Pinot or Guillame Martin

Ewen is annoying. He quits after a few stages.
No chance he’s in my team.

So you should build your team around that.
But I reckon things will be pretty static until Stage 8.

Rowe? He’s a 5pt filler. But a decent rider, nothing to say he won’t be in a breakaway.

I think it’s fair to say I have planned swaps.

Plans are nothing, planning is everything.

1 Like

There’s no ‘submit’ button is there? If you have 8 riders on your sheet at the deadline, you’re in?

3 Likes