Fantasy Vuelta

True with the newspaper. I guess they don’t want cold arms & hands this time of year though for braking; you can usually get away with less clothing in May-Aug.

1 Like

Yeah that was almost comically bad. Would’ve been awful for him if he actually stacked it. Kelderman wasn’t looking much better at getting his top on either!

Not sure he was struggling with cold, he removed his jacket whilst still descending off the stelvio, so I doubt he was cold.

I was surprised the 2 Ineos riders didn’t take advantage of him struggling to get his jacket on and put in a little attack to gap him.

Looking at yesterday’s stage, we did see Froome on the front, but he didn’t manage to put anyone under pressure. The moment Amador took over, it started to string out more. Hopefully for him, he can regroup over the winter and make a good fist of it at ISN. When all’s said and done though, like Cavendish, he’s had a sterling career, and the decline has to come at some point.

1 Like

But Martin is now riding like a boss! :joy:

1 Like

Rory Sutherland interview; he must have been suffering …he looks my age! :sweat_smile:

Seems a two-horse race, and the rest of us scrapping for 3rd and 4th!

Ahem, that’s some kind of anti-scouser shit going on there…missed me out completely…I’m in 3rd!!

Save your anti-scouse jokes…heard em all…

Ere it is…

Am i alive now?

1 Like

And where’s Jorgan on mine?

If I didn’t know better I’d think it was Halloween…

It’s because there are now two tritalk leagues, so some are in one and not the other. Someone set up a new one for the Vuelta, and shared that new code on here, but you don’t need to do that. Once you join a league on velogames, that league rolls over to each and every velogames event automatically. So we should have just reshared the Giro league code.

1 Like

I’m last in both. So doesn’t really matter! :joy:

1 Like

That is a level of consistency that can prove very beneficial over the three weeks of a grand tour!

2 Likes

The absence of transfers in this is great if you cannot be arsed but also a curse if one of your main players is having a mare…

I’m talking about you, Mr Martinez.

Looking forward to the weekend…haven’t really watched any but storm Ethel or whatever it’s called couldn’t be better timed with chance to watch them going up the Angliru…

1 Like

I actually prefer it. You stand by your decision.

My Giro was horrific because I didn’t think it through. Heart ruled head a bit. My Vuelta team is better, however, still got doubts about Carapaz.

Roglic is a beast, be interesting to see what happens if they attack on the high mountains, not sure if that’s his thing.

Can’t help but think he and Jumbo are getting it easy on the lack of doping accusations. Any other team would be getting it tight after they way performed at the tour and now the Vuelta.

Yeah i know what you’re saying there @roscoemck

And bloody highlights shunted for flippin darts. Darts! That’s worse than snooker.

1 Like

They’re getting them on the itv hub app earlier than the point at which they actually air. I watched them last night about 8pm

1 Like

Fair enough. That’s not so bad.
Wish I hadn’t just looked the result up just now! :joy:

The problem is that if it’s only speculation what is there to discuss.
‘The clinic’ has pages and pages of ranting about Sky/Ineos/Froome/GB/ anyone else who doesn’t meet their criteria for normal performance. At the end of the day all the discussion goes round and round because at the end of the day there isn’t any evidence.

1 Like