Fasting

Often on a Saturday I can make it to lunch without eating, but I sleep later and don’t train at lunchtime. Normally, I try to not eat after 7pm until 9am next day (14h).

I’m not training anything like I used to before Covid; but weight seems stable and same as before when I did >10h a week every week. Not weighed myself for months, but look and feel same as usual (apart from peak IM training).

I can’t go 3 hours without eating. Well, probably could, but would be grumpy and thinking about food to the detriment of everything else.

Overnight is the exception, usually bowl of cereal at about 9.30pm sees me through until 7am although occasionally wake in the night for another bowl.

Once was persuaded to join a symbolic 24h fast for some reason & was fit to chew the curtains by half way through. Haven’t tried that trick again. If there’s a proper famine I’ll be among the first to succumb for sure.

Good luck to y’all though :+1:

7 Likes

My mate at work is a Muslim and during Fast one year he got me to join in, i lasted until lunch on day 1 when i walked past a Pret and spent a days wages on junk :rofl:

8 Likes

100% with you.

Had that induction yesterday so couldn’t snack between breakfast and lunch. I was dying in the training room, belly grumbling and all. Sorts!

3 Likes

Don’t you work in a snack factory now? :smile:

2 Likes

Just wait until they let me on the shop floor! :joy:

6 Likes

how was the induction not tasting stuff?

Supposedly the induction where I work is doing a weather report or something (I’m not really an induction person so never went)

1 Like

You lot may be fasting…but i am definitely slowing…

7 Likes

Some of the Muslims in work are really nice decent fellas ( for criminals) some are suicide bombers ( we will leave them out of it) there (unts.

I have often discussed there big month with them and how they do it, they are amazed at the Ironman distance ( most of them can’t swim, at all) yet they do the fast every year with no bother.

It really is mind Over matter … or cakes if your being real.

This is the “ fattest “ I’ve been for many decades, but I’m also the strongest too.

I’m missing racing now and being fit, all in good time, all in good time !

7 Likes

Presumably just the failed ones :thinking:

7 Likes

Potential.

Very sad and very dangerous, the hard core ones don’t really speak to us, thank duck.

2 Likes

Would be difficult not to walk up behind them quietly and shout BOO!

4 Likes

Eat breakfast after 11am to lose weight - expert advice | Express.co.uk
if of any help

When would you have brunch?

1 Like

You must have some pretty interesting conversations at your work… do you have to maintain a kind of distance or do you end up getting to know inmates

1 Like

Some I know very well, some you wouldn’t want too, some are just bonkers/ mad.

Some hardly talk to staff, they just hate authority.

If your really fit or really strong they respect you for it, I’m nearing the end of my service but met some interesting people for sure

4 Likes

I remember your best mate MarkieR talking about his time, some lifers prison in the north east , said as most were on a proper stretch it was generally quite respectful and some of them were actually “decent” ,loosely used , guys he would use the gym and train with.

2 Likes