Favourite intro, solo, outro

I’m a massive GnR fan, went to both 91 and 92 concerts at Wembley. Civil War might be my favourite of the lot, although that’s a difficult choice.

This charming man…
soooo many !

This is wrecking my head

2 Likes

I always find it a bit sad that so many people think of GNR as just another 90’s pop rock band and don’t fully appreciate what a f*****g brilliant guitarist Slash is.

1 Like

Back in (sort of, as I’m semi retired) another life, I used to DJ at a dingey Indie club

It was a bit of a game with the punters how much of the long version I’d play

To the outro?
To the gap?

1 Like

Probably the greatest that ever lived. Matt Sorum was just as good on drums. He did a solo at one of the gigs for about 15minutes. Awesome

Also loved the intro to Riders on the storm, by The Doors

I really need to come off this thread now!

2 Likes

If there was a TOOL intro in there for me, it would probably be Lateralus.

Left fielder (and guilty pleasure) intro:

Left to my Own Devices, Pet Shop
Boys

1 Like

Oohh here’s another three I love, that are on my ‘race pump’ playlists. All intros by the way - finding solos and outros hard

Though they’re not olden days rock like most of you are posting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Unknown - the Maccabees

Black Magic - the Amazons

Hysteria - Muse

2 Likes

Stone Roses is my current turbo album of choice -redisovered after about 25 years gathering dust in its CD case. Thinking about it, “I want to be adored” has a pretty good intro. Sort of moody, quite like long, slowly builds, good for getting in the mood for the first 65 seconds of a Zwift race until I inevitably get dropped.

5 Likes

If we are going classical then Elgar Nimrod, Barber Adagio and Ravel Bolero might all make it to my intro shortlist - although in fairness it would be a hard push to say where the intro ends & they have rubbish guitar solos😉

Couple more intros

https://youtu.be/Ch_5_x1IUA8

And the one single note that makes Emo kids across the world all join in unison

https://youtu.be/RRKJiM9Njr8

4 Likes

For a solo I’ll throw a curve ball and introduce some Michael Jackson into the mix, or to be precise Eddie van Halen on Beat it

4 Likes

Not a favourite intro but just heard the saxaphone rift for Pink Panther on a podcast and had to YouTube the tune to give it a listen.

2 Likes

Intro: Billie Jean?

3 Likes

You’ve beat me to this one, particularly the start of the 11 minute disco mix.

And maybe Electric Dreams by Human League.

Thinking of outros (does that word look Greek?) or at least song endings, can anyone recommend some songs that just keep getting higher octane and madder, even when you think it’s no longer possible?

Maybe a bit like plan B Something always goes wrong, although not sure that’s a great example.

This is such a great thread someone should make a Spotify playlist. Or maybe 2, rock/pop

Some more pop intros:

Pet Shop Boys: West End Girls
Chris Rea: On the Beach

1 Like

Love Nimrod. Beautiful.

2 Likes

I liked quite a lot of PSB 12" mixes from the 80’s, their heyday.

Like on the beach as well.

1 Like