Favourite intro, solo, outro

I always forget who played what on MJ’s albums but Jenifer Batten was in there somewhere and David Williams.

What a bloody great thread to wake up to.

Some Intros.
Crazy Train by Ozzy.
Tunnel of Love by Dire Straits.
Whatever you Want by Status Quo.
Lateralus by Tool
Purple Rain by Prince
The Wall by Pink Floyd ( pt 1 through pt 2 )
Whole lotta Rosie by AC⚡️DC
Babba o’Riley by The Who
Anything by The Ramones (2,3,4)

Some solos
Crazy Train ( again ) Randy Rhodes.
Comfortable Numb David Gilmor obviously
Jet City Woman by Chris DeGarmo Queensrych
Tunnel of Love by Mark Knofler
Hotel California Glen Frey Et al The Eagles

Some outros
Tunnel of Love ( yeah I know )
Hotel California by The Eagles ( solo to fade )
Scattered Black and Whites by Elbow
Rocket Queen by GnR
Paranoid Android by Radiohead

2 Likes

The Introspective album was class!!

1 Like

Intro - Chic - Everybody Dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1MMzMGX8xY

Solo - Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze - 4mins in with the great underrated Ernie Isley on guitar solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T88fbHOmvRk

Outro - Faithless - God is a DJ - live at Ally Pally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ltoAcZrjBw

1 Like

Not actually sure what an outro is, but am assuming it’s a way of ending a song???

In which case Beach Boys “when I grow up to be a man” always gets me as kind of poignant, how quickly the years go by.

Another intro: stayin alive by Bee Gees

Pop stuff, when I was teenager I got really into Erasure and Communards. Had all their stuff. Don’t really rate Erasure so much these days but still think Vince Clarke is a clever guy. Still enjoy listening to Communards though.

Bizarrely the now Rev Richard Coles (the one in the Communards who didn’t sing) came to our sleepy little Dorset town a couple of years ago and have a talk in the church hall, tickets £5. Went along, he opened by saying 'ladies and gents, exactly 30 years ago today I was at number 1" and got a round of applause. Then just a really interesting description of the Communards years and what it was like to be in the music industry back then. Also about his political views & how they have changed and softened over the years. No music though :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

yep, anyone not stirred by Nimrod has no soul

1 Like

There’s some good stuff on here…

an intro can be good because it leads into something special (like Billie Jean) or it can be standalone special…

outside of what’s already been posted:

Intro: Cars Gary Numan (even though the rest of the track was nothing special)

Intro: Sheep Pink Floyd

Edited to add School Supertramp

2 Likes

Some great tunes on here already. I am huge Prince fan and have seen him live several times, so I am clearly biased. I will have to think of some intros, solos and outros but my favourite Prince solo is him doing Just my imagination live, I think he has probably done more technically difficult solos but love the emotion in this one, having watched him do it. (If you can’t be bothered waiting it’s starts at about 2:25)

Prince - Just my Imagination

I love Santana’s guitar playing too and you can tell Prince was a big fan of his IMO.

1 Like

I have chucked a few of these onto a Spotify playlist called ‘Tritalk bangers’ and made it public …apologies if your own choices are not on it but I just zipped through the thread and randomly added a few

7 Likes

Excellent that’s Zwift sorted for the next few days :joy:

can’t find that playlist?

Nor me.

Yes, it only really happens with live musicians, whether recorded or live performance. Media and DJing constrain the ending of songs because they are in a hurry to start the next song for various reasons.

…and progressive rock bands…

hah… where it start 5 seconds into the number, and lasts 9 minutes

4 Likes

Was reading through wondering if I could lower the tone from classic Rock to MCR.

No one’s yet mentioned Eminem Lose yourself either, for intro obviously but also outro beat.

Again, appreciate these aren’t the guitar theme everyone else has gone with but for powerful openings:
Who - Baba o’rieley
Van Halen - jump
Blur - song 2

And even more left field I’ll go Bomfunk MCs - Freestyler for intro.

Ahem

2 Likes

yep…

Apologies, missed that as I scrolled down. Was surprised to have not seen it.
A classic collection there too!

Cant find it, anyone else?