First ever tri

These days, those results would be full of V40/50!

1 Like

?

With the vast majority of the top 20 serving soldiers not in that race, but 99% of other races your right.

The last Oulton ripped up the age group rules and threw it in the bin…

#oldguysrule

i know Duncan Vavangus very well…Dunce as he is known…

I knew a few faces, long gone from the services by now.

I train with a soldier these days w02 in 9? Years…?!

Clever kid! Different job these days he says…

My nickname was…my TT username (no idea what the troops called me :joy:)

i think we can guess :slight_smile:

that’s pretty swift - a good corps man could make wo2 in 12 years…possibly quicker for bomb disposal…and maybe 12 - 15 in the infantry

1 Like

I’m still a newbie. My first was a sprint in Northwood just over 3 years ago, followed by the London Tri. Could do with a race this year but hey ho, there’s always time…

3 Likes

I never caught anyone doing an impression of me; so at least they were switched on.

1 Like

they probably had to be switched on with you as a boss :rofl:

1 Like

yeah yeah, laugh it up fuzzball!

1 Like

My first tri was a team event at Blenheim, with me doing the cycling. I punctured with about 2-3kmm to go and decided to ride it in rather than change it and a few guys who had been drafting me earlier but I then dropped came past me. IIRC we came 10 or 11th but my brother (who did the swim) went through the teams ahead and saw the team ahead of us had a sturdy woman on a bike with a basket and got the organisers to check she did the right number of laps. We got bumped up one place, I did tell him not to bother as it was a bit of fun :laughing: