Fitba chatter

The way things are going with Burnley winning today it still might be just 2 claret and blue teams in the premier next season

1 Like

Decent result for Liverpool today - I knew that Everton would put up some stiffer opposition for the Derby but they showed some real grit despite a lack of possession

Still some real interest at the top and bottom of the Premier League at the moment

2 Likes

everton are pretty sunk…although i need to look at Burnley’s run in…

Well they’ve got Villa twice so a reasonable chance of at least three points. Scarily after those we’ve also got Norwich which brings Deano back to prove his ex-employers wrong, Palace which is never an easy one and then we help decide the title by playing both of the top two, Citeh away on the final day - Aguerooooooooooooooo again, although this time Greeeeeeeeeeeelissssshhhhhhhhh probably

1 Like

Good win for Liverpool tonight - certainly got the luck of the draw for the semi’s

Didn’t see the City v Madrid game but sounded like and absolute corker

1 Like

It was!

A City - Liverpool final is mouthwatering…. Watching Pep get twitchy…. :joy:

2 Likes

If thats the final, I’m hoping Vlad finally snaps that night and teaches the west a lessons by launching on the Stade de France.

It would be a shame as Paris is one of my favourite cities but the positives far outweigh the negatives in this case :wink:

4 Likes

Man City, proper supporters, division 3 getting 30k. Shame about the modern day tourists, ruin it for the real fans.

1 Like

These maybe - utterly embarrassing. It’s bad enough watching/videoing a goal through your phone but especially bad as it was the oposition who scored:

3 Likes

West Ham game was excellent last night, 2 good teams both playing the right way, no rolling about, no simulation and a fairly decent referee as well. Frankfurt were impressive on the break; Kamada was excellent. They doubled up on our key players, pressed well and forced errors. Best team by far we’ve come across this season, beat us at our own game with organisation and pace. Defensively suspect though hence hitting woodwork 3 times. A draw would have been fair. They are unbeaten away this year in Europe, but at home 5 wins in 20 games so are more than beatable next week, especially if we improve our set pieces to our usual standard. We have nothing to lose as well. Going to be a cracker again and we still have a real chance.

Frankfurt fans were good as well, friendly before game, and the synchronised chants/flag waves between both tiers, especially as they are in different postcodes :wink: Shame about some of ours again, too many sherbets and too much powder from young fools spoiling it even in home ends.

4 Likes

I was having to work last night so listening to the commentary and the exciting when Bowen hit the bar was palpable both from the commentators and stadium.

1 Like

That was stressful watching Everton win today and boy did we need that win :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a good performance, and Pickford showed why he is still Englands no.1 . Ive said for a while Dirty Leeds will go down and they look favourites to me now.

Come on West Ham - need a favour here :hugs:

1 Like

No favours there, stuck a largely makeshift team out. Put in a shift though

One of those saves he made was unbelievable and even on the replay I couldn’t work out how he managed it!

1 Like

Pickford has always been an excellent shot stopper, like his saves today. But is less at some of other spects of goalkeeping. Good time waster too :rofl:

2 Likes

Really excited about the Forest game tonight…. massive game for both sides!

Nothing against Bournemouth as a team but it would be good for a non-parachute payment team to go up, granted that’s how we did it a few years ago but it’s always seemed a bit unfair.

Yup…. And it would be good to see Forest back in the top flight!

1 Like