Freeman, Sky and British Cycling

Good job we have Millar to show doping has consequences and to provide an honest and unbiased commentary on the pro-cycling scene :roll_eyes: Might as well get Lance back to commentate as his point of view would be a bit more interesting.

4 Likes

Not that I know of. I think he was a decent runner but not that good. Club runner level, I believe.

I didnā€™t mean that as dig at you, just a comment.I think he is generally balanced. His work on Semenya and intersex athletes was very good IMO.

Had been so for a long while, lots of allegations against Viren. Maaninka admitted in 1980 Olys, and Vaaina got done in 84 for steroid traces after heā€™d been reinfused. But not against the rules until 86.

US cycling has a bad smell re blood doping in 84.

2 Likes

Iā€™d agree with you. He shuts down so many people on Twitter that arenā€™t being aggressive but trying to challenge his view, as everyoneā€™s opinion should be challenged until there are clear facts to back up an opinion. Heā€™s ā€œthe scientistā€ so he knows, and thatā€™s the only standpoint he takes. Heā€™s done some good work in the past but it is only on a select few subjects but now he feels heā€™s can apply that to everything.

No doubt there is some fishy behaviour with Sky/Ineos/BC but while thereā€™s money involved weā€™ll never hear all the facts.

Not related to BC or Sky but seems hte best place for now. Thereā€™s a teaser for an interview on next Sunday in Spain where Fuentes blabs.

2 Likes

I wondered how long before he came out from under his rock. That will be entertaining.

1 Like

interesting read in last weekā€™s Sunday times - freeman was doctor to Queen Victoria and aHoy thereā€¦and Big Samā€™s Bolton Wanderersā€¦

3 Likes

Didnā€™t he come back from USA with some innovative sports science? :thinking:

2 Likes

yes they all wore HRMā€™s and it made them great :wink:

3 Likes

Excuse the mail, its the only article I could find but it fact checks, UKAD and BC screwed!

it has nothing to do with UKAD if BC wanted to conduct a private probeā€¦but they should have done their ownā€¦

2 Likes

Those Russians

1 Like

Bizarrely, Shane Sutton has just popped up on my Facebook page as ā€œsomeone I might knowā€ :open_mouth:

Apparently weā€™ve got one mutual ā€œfriendā€ :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ve no idea who that is, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be rushing to send him a friend request :rofl:

4 Likes

mine tooā€¦heā€™s obviously in need of friendsā€¦desperate in fact if heā€™s come to us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is he still training the Chinese squad? Or did I make that up?

Probably be joining the forum soon to promote his unique training strategy. Loads of testosterone and abuse. Allegedly

1 Like

Def thrown under the bus :bus: / fed to the lions :lion:

Do you have a link?
Sounds fascinating but couldnā€™t find anything on google.

Always remember this shit on here is public!!

1 Like

time to call it a day, perhaps?

4 Likes

and give ā€œtime for riders to consider reasons as to why there are fluctuations and prepare a defenceā€.

FFS

1 Like

Reading the story on Cycling News, it doesnā€™t appear as nefarious as it may seem, apart from who suggested it.