Freeman, Sky and British Cycling

i guess the point is that if you recruited this Doc, and were uncomfortable with their comments and suggestions, then you would make a documented response to ensure that the their actions and behaviour were in line with the team ethos.

2 Likes

No, no, that would be the actions of an individual with things to hide, deliberately putting things in writing for later discovery, if you’re confident in your methods you don’t need such back covering comments…

1 Like

yep, i get you…but that means that ‘clean’ wasn’t the team ethos…

2 Likes

This also needs to be put in the context of BC doing their investigation into a nandrolone AAF but gave no findings. Which Cookson cannot remember, conveniently.

This doctor doesn’t know T is not allowed under WADA rules, can’t use dropbox as it’s too complicated but can analyse passport data to ensure no doping occurs. To me it seems naive at best to believe that is all true.

4 Likes

Now Sarah Storey with a retrospective TUE

2 Likes

doesnt make sense, first a few puffs of an inhaler isnt against the rules, so it must have been more than a few puffs or the fact the test showed higher levels due to being taken almost immediately. Second why therefore are they applying for a TUE and also retrospectively rather than in advance as is typically required in elite sport.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts, these are the guys who take care of every 1% but forget an asthma TUE? She didn’t do any pharmokinetic testing to show what they say happened could have happened. I would be surprised if you had a couple of puffs on an inhaler then got to testing it would show that quickly.

Aussies have been banging on about GB cycling as suspicious since 2008 Olympics iirc.

An inhaler doesn’t need a TUE so I’m assuming they applied for one under direction from UKAD or WADA due to the AAF just in case which would have been granted by independent Doctors. It brings to light how wholly inadequate Salbutamol testing is also. I have big concerns though that this 9 years ago, was seen as OK and thrown out by WADA yet someone felt the need to leak private medical records in an effort to discredit her or/and BC. I wonder if this is Freeman/Sutton et al trying to seek retribution for being thrown under the bus

1 Like

I thought you used to have to have

I doubt a couple of puffs after the race would add up to a AAF without using it a fair bit beforehand.

Someone is probably leaking BC/Sky dirt for sure. With the in fighting between WADA and UCI over Froome’s salbutamol AAF and now this. Don’t know if AAFs count as medical records?

1 Like

www.globaldro.com

Inhaler is fine up to a certain level in the system but there has been a lot of issues with the test and that it can register high levels due to dehydration hence Froome (and others) not having an ADV against them.

1 Like

The testing is poor and the lack of follow up testing so we know dehydration was the decisive factor in the AAF and not assume it is.

1 Like