G B D U R O 2 1

I think a short distance is okay so long as not “supporting” / pacing etc but i wouldn’t want to fall foul of any unwritten rule!
Seems quite common for dotwatchers to come out and say hi, not supposed to take anything that isn’t generally available to anyone… but kindness of strangers seems to be okay … if not co-ordinated / planned !

1 Like

That makes it sound like someone coming out just to ride alongside and have a chat is ok.

What’s your Instagram name mate?

Good luck, sounds incredible!

endurance_goals … if you didnt find it yet :slight_smile:

:+1:

Race tracker link…

9 Likes

As someone who works in the energy industry (aka an oil and gas company) their “ethos” statement irritates me. But the event looks epic and I’m looking forward to dot watching you! I may even temporarily sign up to Instagram again just for this. Good Luck!

Do you have a plan for ride time vs sleep time? What’s the most casual way someone can complete the race? I mean do you have to cycle 20 hours a day?

You need to do 200km per day basically… altho that means you arrive at the checkpoints at the next start time… so quicker would be good.
They do aim for the checkpoints to be more sociable (race clock is stops when you arrive) so hopefully you get there in time for at least a full night’s sleep… who knows !..

2 Likes

Haha, is it really correct that the GPS trackers have been sent out to you all and are already live, and so we can see where all the people taking part currently are in the country?! It would seem some people are already down in Cornwall, but it’s funny to see people still all the way up in Perth, Scotland, only a day or so before the event starts. At least they’ll have a short trip home from JOG I guess!

And potentially their home addresses. Cos they won’t be home for a week! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

They want them on so they can see you’ve not flown straight there … shrug.
Mine has me at the farm shop at lunchtime :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How do you mean? It doesn’t start until Saturday right, so why would there be restrictions on the method of how you get to the event before it even starts?

Or is this part of the “ethos” stuff GeordieM references above? Do you have to get to the race, and home again, in an environmentally justifiable way or something?

Just not on a plane.

1 Like

It’s part of the T&Cs of entry that you don’t fly to or from the race, which is noble and unique I guess.

4 Likes

There’s one fella miles ahead, but @ed_m is very well placed atm.

5 Likes

Looks like JW has either gone home, or is getting the train home from Clifton Downs :pensive:

Does that make @ed_m in 3rd? Behind Mark Beaumont and AY?

1 Like

Mark Beaumont has only recently done LEJOG as part of a 40hr 2 person relay hasn’t he?

1 Like

Not JOGLE?
As this would just be the return trip :rofl::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Following the tracking, Phillipa is in 3rd, I rode a lot of WalesDuro with her and Jaimi in 4th was one the of the 5 of us to finish Hell Of The North West and the only female. Great to see them both up front.

4 Likes