G B D U R O 2 1

In his own words “he has to keep on truckin”

More climbing, more off road.

It looks super tough and he looks knackered but still going :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Good man

1 Like

That’s the end of the climb that the women’s Everest record was recently broken on. Chapeau if he cycled it with all the clobber he’s carrying.

He’s approaching my neck of the woods now, Wayfarers, Church Hill, Llangollen, Llandegla & Chester all coming up. I had hoped to cycle out to see him, but my back is so fecked I’m not even commuting :sob:

On, on @ed_m

5 Likes

Yeah - reckon I’m gonna nip out and see him as he passes :+1:t3:
Cheers for that @Adam - looks great :heart_eyes:

Weather has been shit this week, too.

5 Likes

Thought he might be headed to your manor!

That would be awesome @Poet l. i bet a friendly face would be such a welcome sight :+1:t2:

2 Likes

They’re not hanging about, the leader is in Cheshire already!
Might be able to pop out tomorrow as they go along the canal a mile from my house

4 Likes

Looks like he’ll get his chippy tea in Llangollen tonight :fries::grinning:

5 Likes

No good chippies in Llangollen. :disappointed_relieved:

ETA: He’s gone too quickly!!!

I’ve meetings this morning and he looks to be passing High Legh/Knutsford/A50 in about two hours

Looks like he cycled from 0430 to 0800 from Llangollen to Little Leigh/Acton.

From his strava, looks like he’s at the pub having a recharge :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Crazy, isn’t he?

I saw he was in Llan at 21:35 last night, went to bed - assuming he would do the same :joy: - so I could drive out to see him today & wake up to see he was in Chester at 06:15. Helluva shift.

What a guy.

2 Likes

How much off road are they getting in, in this area?

I know!!!

We’ve been to the pub where he is/was.
Nice river/canal view and a decent walk down to the locks at the bottom.

@jorgan -
The route they’ve done from Norley to Altrincham is one we regularly do as a club run to Delamere.
They seem to have had a lot of road since leaving Wales.

Looking at the tracker - a lot of them had a good sleep in Manchester last night.

Looks like he’ll be passing @r0bh at 880km around 11am ish?

2 Likes

That parts yesterday that I’m familiar with had some very rough off-road sections & at least 3 utter bastard hills.

2 Likes

Not many hills coming up today (?)
There’s an off Road bit after Dunham Massey to Timperley, then onto the Bridgwater Way (I used to commute that on a road bike, it’s hard packed trail or tarmac)

Then roads through Manchester, then off-road through Prestwich Clough to Radcliffe/Bury.

THEN…it starts to steadily go up and get more off road through the various Pennine Bridleways.
The Bury to Settle part (900-1000km) looks properly hard.

5 Likes

Balls think I missed him, don’t think the tracker updates are very frequent so by the time i noticed he was close he must have already gone by :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Keep going Ed! What a champ

Or maybe not :thinking:
Seems like he detoured off route literally onto my street :thinking:
But by the time it had come up on the tracker he’d gone again :joy:

1 Like

Chase him down in your car!

Got better things to do than chase a guy off the internet around Manchester :joy:

6 Likes

This isn’t simply ‘the internet’ THIS IS TRITALK :rofl:

3 Likes