Garmin Deals?

That looks like the same deal I got last year. I’d go £220 for the Tri bundle with both straps rather than just the run HRM.

Yeah, you have 18 months worth of HRM straps then :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Anyone else find the location of the Lap button on the 93x a PITA?

I’m Right handed & wear it on my left wrist, and pressing lap particularly when swimming is awkward. Would be better on bottom left for RH people. imho of course. At least on the 920 you could use your thumb on the front facing buttons.

Yep, same here on 735. Bottom left would be ideal to grab watch face and press with thumb. There’s nothing to locate/brace against in current position.

Interesting comments. Another potential reason not to upgrade!
The new auto-rest feature that’s coming to the 945 from the Swim2 would negate that, but DCR said whilst it’s pretty accurate, if you want perfect splits you’d still need to use the lap button

Is the lap button bottom right? Think that’s standard on Garmin watches, certainly the case on my Forerunner 620 and Fenix 3

Yes, bottom right.

Can’t say I’ve ever found it a problem :man_shrugging:

No point in buying a 945 now…

1 Like

Yeah but soon as it’s released the 965 will be in the pipeline :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A month behind the original thread, but also looking to get a computer. On paper Edge 520 plus seems to have everything I could want, seems better navigation than the Element Bolt, and at £150 new on wiggle seems OK priced, even if nowhere near as good as the Evans offer.

Would normally look second hand for everything but doesn’t look like much value there either. Anything I’m missing? Best I can see the 530 for is £230 which is too much of a difference to sway me, even the 530 does sound noticeably better.

I think the 530 is a lot better. I didn’t own the plus, just the normal 520, but it was a bit of a gap filler release rather than anything revolutionary. I’d at least hold on through black friday/cyber monday and see if anything else comes up on the newer models

1 Like

Also on the BF Deals thread:

I see the 935XT is currently £299.99 on Wiggle; I don’t think that’s a BF Deal. Has anyone returned a Garmin to Wiggle before? Just wondering what the process is if it’s faulty inside 12 months. With other stuff I have just sent it direct to Wiggle for refund & ordered a separate replacement. I could ‘save’ £39 by getting a refund & buying at the current price.

I’ve not returned a Garmin - but their refund policy has been faultless when I’ve sent back Velotoze, GripGrabs and Castelli Squadra jackets (they are all awful and fall to bits after a few wears)

i am tempted to go a buy a 935xt from wiggle ,as my 920 getting tired

but have been holding on to see 935 any lower

I’ve been tracking the Edge 530 for a while now after recommendations from @stenard and others.

It’s on Decathlon at the mo for £230, the lowest i think i’ve seen it. Does anyone reckon it’s likely to get lower than that with the pre Xmas sales/black Friday stuff, or is this a ‘grab it now’ opportunity. Nost places selling it for 259-299.

I’m looking to replace my 520… I’ve been hanging on for black Friday.
Last year there was some silly bundle deals. So I’d expect to see something somewhere.
Decathlon not a bad price, I’m hoping for £200ish

1 Like

I’d think it’s been about long enough to have the chance of a Black Friday deal.
Did we not also talk about potential student type discounts etc, given your university position? If the student deals are like the Vitality discount, then you’d get 25% off: https://www.vitality.co.uk/rewards/partners/activity-tracking/garmin/

ah yes, you did mention that. But i think you have to sign up to those cards and there is some sort of fee. I’ve not heard of staff being able to access them though unless they were studying something. After doing my professional quals i have avoided further formal study like the plague! haha

@jeffb any insight into this?

I know my mate is a lecturer, and he was able to get access to various deals.via unidays. I think there you just needed a .ac.uk email address (maybe?)