Garmin Deals?

yeah just looking at it now.

Totum is the one they’re advertising on our site, which replaces the old NUS. £14.99 a year. I’ll have a look into where the discount applies. ta

Depending on where else it gives discount (Nike?!), it might be worth that for a years worth of discount!

Yeah that’s what i’m trying to work out!

It won’t let me see the individual deals to work it out. Garmin is saying ‘up to’ 40% discount. If it’s 40% (off £260 sale price on Garmin UK) then it’s deffo worth it. But if it’s only say 10-20, then Decathlon is the better bet, especialy with the £14 card price (plus £1.5 P&P) included.

But like you say, it may pay itself off over the course of the year on other purchases.

edit - Though looking at the list it’s not really anything i buy. lot sof high street stuff, delivery services (e.g. food) that don’t exist in my neck of the woods.

The Garmin discounts with vitality are also “up to 40%”. You can see how they breakdown there on the link I sent. The 530 is in the 25% bracket, so £195. Not sure if the Totum would be the same. I’d think likely.

1 Like

@gingerbongo

Ready to ship isn’t good though!

3 Likes

Cheers guys.

Think i’ll go with @mw22 suggestion and hang on a couple of weeks. I’ll keep an eye on Decathlon. Hopefully worst case scenario is Decathlon prices goes up, but one of the other retailers has a BF deal worth £220 or so. I’d only be a tenner worse off than via a discount card, but it would likely be immediately available (not that that is a huge deal for me, as i’m unlikely to use it properly until next spring anyway!! haha).

Thanks for your input and advice

Do you have a “.ac.uk” email address as Unidays is good and gets 10% off on the Nike store as well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

All the edges have dropped off amazon, which possibly suggests a deal there due to the marketing rules around discounts… or it could just be they’ve disappeared.

i do. Thanks

1 Like

I think DCR did a piece on this, although it is specific to the US and not EU or RoW.

In the US, retailers are not allowed to sell products at below the manufacturer’s recommended price, so any discount offered comes from the manufacture, not the retailer. If the retailer does undercut, the manufacturer will pull their product from them. In the case of Amazon, Garmin cannot afford to stop them selling their product, so they will apply a token punishment of removing supply for a few months. Therefore the Amazon strategy is to build up enough stock to have product to sell at a discount, and then a buffer stock to sell at normal retail price until Garmin turn the supply back on again.

All fun and games.

Shout up if you see anything @gingerbongo, I will of course do the same.

And definitely dont limit the search to just the head unit - bundles have def been cheaper than the stand alone unit in the past.

1 Like

You should be able to get a 530 for under £200.
@gingerbongo along the same lines as the student sites, do you have access to any staff discount schemes as a benefit through work? garmin drop in and out of these unpredictably and when they are there the prices are unpredictable but 530 sometimes goes down to £170 ish.
e.g. today it’s £195 via the “busy bees” employee perks site (you follow an affiliate link and order direct from garmin).

Not that i know if - we just seem to get pointed to this NUS replacement scheme ‘Totum’.

I wonder if they’ll pop up on the NHS one though, as Mrs GB is NHS employed. :thinking:

Thanks for the heads up - i’ll be patient and see if we can find something under £200 then as the target.

In that case it’s £195 via bluelightcard.co.uk (but stock is saying 3-5 weeks like @TriCurious posted).

1 Like

Sweet, thanks.

Might have to have a word with Mrs GB tonight. That can be my xmas present (that i pay for most of :rofl: )

2 Likes

So i bought this off the blue light discount site in the end. Came with no extras whatsoever, so i chucked the flush out front mount in the basket as well, and it was still a bit cheaper than the Decathlon deal. If i don’t like that mount, i’ll just send it back and use the standard one.

Website said 3-5 week shipment delay. I bought it on Sunday and just had the email to say it’s shipped today. Only problem is i said i’d have it as an Xmas pressie. So my wife will want to hide it away from me now! :rofl:Even though i don’t need it, and will be unlikely to go riding much between now and xmas, knowing it’s in the house but i can’t have it will be hard!! hahah

3 Likes

Whats your current bike computer? Cant you do a sneaky swap of it in the box?? :shushing_face:

Put it this way, you have to plug it into the computer with a wire! :joy:

Unfortunately Mrs GB uses it for her weekly rides. So she may notice. But this way she no longer has to share with me! :joy:

1 Like

What’s the “flush out front mount”?

just one of those. They look nice. Not sure if it’ll be any different/better to the standard. I’ll just send it back if it isn’t.