GCN+ Is no more

Just had the email to say that it’s closing on 19th December

3 Likes
1 Like

Very sad news. American tv behemoth greed in my opinion. Not great.

2 Likes

Yeah rubbish, I watch a lot of pro cycling and enjoy some of the films too.

Discovery+ looks more expensive and I think have adverts unlike the GCN app.

2 Likes

£6.99 per month I believe

1 Like

Tried it for a year when it was on offer but then stopped. I rarely watch racing these days but was interested in the films but most of them turned on up on the free version anyway.

Pretty gutted about this, I hope the 200+ cycling films on there find a home, some of the stuff Mark Beaumont and Jenny Graham did on there are firm favourites of mine.

I have no interest in Eurosport or Discovery.

4 Likes

Some of the films were pretty good.

2 Likes

Oh bollox, better cancel my annual DD just in case then. I guess those of us who pay annually will be left short changed?

ETA they’re doing pro rata refunds.

1 Like

First things first. Will we still be able to watch Orla Chennaoui ?

5 Likes

I’ve just had an email from GCN+ reminding me that it will cease to exist on 19/12 with a voucher code to use on Discovery+ giving me 3 months free before the current monthly £6.99 charge kicks in…wonder how long it will stay at £6.99?

2 Likes

Annoying, I have not had that.

I had a look at the discovery package the other night, 90% bilge.

Where do they find all these hoarders and skin disease’s to make this shit.

Oh yeah, Murica’

1 Like

I had an email but it was in German :+1:

1 Like

I got the email too, three months free is better than a kick in the nuts

2 Likes

Yeah, I got it too.

Hopefully it’s the same ad free viewing.

I’m sure it’s Discovery/TNT she works with, she presents one of their rugby shows as well.

1 Like

To be fair, GCN+ was probably far too cheap for the content it offered.

If they merge it into the TNT. Package that’s £29.99 a month, I’ll probably not continue. I’ve no interest in the other stuff on there. I’d probably go up to £15 a month.

Got so used to having live cycling every day!

1 Like

It’s only the £6.99 Discovery plus package you need to get all the bike races that were on GCN+

1 Like

Yeah for sure they should have charged more than £40, was an absolute steal at that price, no adverts, so much coverage. I’ve also watched a lot of the documentaries and been impressed with the quality

1 Like

Right I need to binge watch some documentaries this week.

1 Like