Goggles

Are these just hard plastic with no seal?

That is why they dont leak :wink: For < £5 try them and see. They wont be for everyone. I do think some of the more traditional companies are starting to sell them with more usual “comforts” at 10 times the price. They are probably called Swedish Triathlete Goggles though :wink:

1 Like

At one time they sold them with DIY seals which caused them to leak!

1 Like

Picked up a paid of those swedish goggles to try out. My last pair of expensive goggles are leaking and I’ve just been borrowing the wife’s. Seem like they’ll work once I figured out how to put them together (thanks youtube)

2 Likes

Good to hear there are yt instructionals. Mine arrived this morning so I’ll be tying myself in knots later. Hopefully swimming on Sunday.

2 Likes

Looks like most people throw away the string and cut a bit of band off to shove through for a nose piece. Then you don’t need to tie it, just stays there with friction and easier to adjust. Triathlon Taren has a decent video on them.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m being lazy. Anyone got a link to a decent video showing you how to assemble them?

I’ve rapidly got too pissed to set mine up this evening, shall try again tomorrow…

5 Likes

Found the Taren video. All quite simple really. Didn’t go with the pro tip of using the strap for the nose bridge. I’ll give the string a whirl first

1 Like

Well I had a couple of attempts with the Malmstens but just couldn’t get a decent fit. I bought a pair of these & I can’t fault them.

1 Like

Realised my old Aquasphere Kayenne’s are at least 8 years old. No wonder they leak like f**k! :rofl:

i’m going to give these a go for a tenner.

Pressure is on @Doonhamer

1 Like

:grimacing:

Bloody goggles were on the mat outside the door when i got back from my swim! Flippin typical eh.

4 Likes

Just tried them on at my desk, and they seem pretty comfortable. Maybe even more comfy than my old Kayennes.

Guess i’m going to have to swim again now to test them out … or have a bath,

1 Like

I finally found suitable replacements for my zoggs fusion air - which seem to be discontinued.
Some zoggs ultima air titanium (I suspect no titanium was used in the production)
Seem to fit perfect… and no double strap which I can get twisted 5 mins before the start of a race!!!

and wiggle have them at a nice 40% off. So few spares ordered at £15 each :grinning:

1 Like

I used my Speedos in the pool last night for the first time in yonks, I do still have a preference for Zoggs Predator Flex when doing an OW swim.

1 Like

Right how many pairs of “spares” are too many??
Those zoggs I got (above) have been for me a revelation. Not a single leak, no pressure on the head, comfy, good for pool or open water - just perfect.
It took me along time to find anything that was remotely suitable and these have surpassed what I used to wear by a mile.

I’ve got a pair in my pool bag, pair in my OW bag, and 1 spare. Mrs is also now wearing them in OW.

I dont swim loads… but they are back at £15 a pair feel like I should stock up. :thinking:

Predator flex are great - mine have lasted 5 seasons and are only now beginning to leak a little - But only on choppy days

Our local TK Maxx had loads of different pairs of goggles when I looked last weekend. All proper brands at pretty reasonable prices.

Anybody tried huub goggles? Specifically prescription lenses in their Altair?

They have a 2 for 1 offer on at the moment, and prescription lenses are only £5 each. Have never tried prescription goggles, and some reviews of the Altair say they are fragile if changing the lenses. Maybe with 2 for 1 I would just have 1 pair with prescription and one without.