Goggles

I take it that’s a no then. Does anyone use prescription goggles? I either swim blind or wear contacts - much to the disgust of my optician. Are prescription goggles a game changer?

I do, but I swim once in a blue moon.

No, but my prescription is mild. I’ve stopped using contacts since I upped my in season swimming frequency,

Perhaps blind swim training would’ve helped me at Barca though…

1 Like

Yes, speedo mainly. I’m a 2.5 so not strong but are excellent, especially when racing.

Hi, can anyone recommend some prescription swimming goggles? I’m pretty short-sighted and contact lenses no longer suit my eyes. My regular goggles are Aquasphere Cayennes - have had problems with other brands leaking.

Thank you.

I got the huub ones last year. You buy prescription eye pieces that fit into the goggle frame. Only works with their most expensive goggles £50! But i bought on a 2 for 1 offer last year so i have 2 pairs. They fit well to my head, i had aqua sphere kaiman before, others i tried didn’t fit me as well.

Only down side, they come with lots of other lenses, mirrored, dark, yellow etc. If you are only using the prescription lenses then that is a waste. I still swim with contacts or blind sometimes so can still use the spare frame with the supplied lenses. Some reviews say frame can break if you change the lenses too often anyway.

1 Like

Thank you. They sound just what I need if they are a similar fit to the aqua spheres.

Just a bit reluctant to throw £50 at it in case they do leak on my odd-shaped face! I vaguely remember having prescription goggles once before from a place which offered free returns if you weren’t happy.

Can’t believe I’ve been sucked back into the pool vortex. I don’t have any pool gear right now. Spending some time on this site. Need some fat bastard jammers as well, uggh.

1 Like