Halloween Pumpkins

That look lovely. We hate Halloween with a passion, it just isn’t an Aussie thing but LO likes the pumpkin carving.

We are out for a nice family dinner, which is what we always do. Yes yes, I’ve ruined her childhood, take a ticket and get in line. :joy:

1 Like

We havent had any trick or treaters. My youngest has been out with her friend and we feel like we should engage as she is out there doing it. There are decorations out the front so we seem welcoming.

Dont really care, just surprised.

1 Like

It’s pissing down here

It was raining earlier which may have put some people off. Seems a lot fewer houses decorated as well.

Yeah we got out in the 1 hour between monsoons.

Little group of friends, so made it quite easy as between the 4 families we knew pretty much every house we knocked on.

2 Likes

Yeah theres been at least a couple of ritual killings in there.

1 Like

Markie R’s mate stayed there once :wink:

1 Like

With that nice West family :grimacing:

2 Likes

A but quiet here but some families have really gone for it, the girls are happy.

The dads are too:

3 Likes

Not many trick or treaters, and on my run around the streets looking for decorations, not quite as many houses as last year with pumpkins out, although @BadAsh had some pumpkins.
Here’s our pumpkins btw.

The newest posh housing estate nearby was pretty big, but they were the same at christmas to, our corner of the estate was a real pumpkin wasteland though.

8 Likes

6 Likes

This hideous effort from one of my gang

11 Likes

For those of us running older cars, you won’t find anything scarier than these :scream:

9 Likes

I’ve got 1 and another that’s not there :grimacing:

The engine light is just a lambda sensor though rather than the car being unroadworthy!

3 Likes

Youngest has just got a wheelbarrow load of small ones for tonight

whatever you do afterwards - don’t dump the pumpkins into woodlands. some good advice here

1 Like

I need make the time to carve my pumpkin today.

But my eldest daughter (23) carved hers last night.

And has really laid down the gauntlet / raised the bar this year. :sunglasses:

Hope to be able to post pictures of mine later on.

Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern:

10 Likes

We didn’t do one at Mum’s this year. We are at athletics tonight, then straight out for dinner. I hate halloween and do all I can to avoid it here.
It’s not a thing in Oz really and neither is Nov fireworks, thankfully.

1 Like

Given your work on the DIY thread the level of detail on this is expected!

3 Likes

For the little kids it’s a fun thing and can help overcome fears. As an adult it’s more of a day of the dead for me, remember those who have left us.

I’ve never been a fan of horror, I find it quite offensive generally speaking, so the American influence doesn’t appeal.