Headphones

I also have a pair and am very impressed with them for general outside use while exercising. They are basically my only headphones and I think one use case where they are not great is when there is a lot of background noise as a) by design they let that in and b) they probably aren’t the loudest.

I use them when mowing the lawn and I do struggle to hear everything (I use for podcasts).

Therefore, for @stivrunning perhaps not the best choice if turbo & fan are loud?

cheers Ash , yeah want to cut out all outside noise as in dining room :wink:

I have the Bose Sport Earbuds, love them. I really like the Bose sound, these haven’t missed a beat yet.

I also use them for TTTs and some group rides through Discord and the odd Zoom call.

1 Like

I have those exact Bose earbuds, I really rate them, nice sound, quite loud and not once have they fallen out of my ears.

And to Jgav’s point, my wife uses the Aftershokz (Not 100% that its the same model), and she also rates them highly, particularly for running as you can hear what is going on around you without issue.

1 Like

many thanks ,
as they will only be used on turbo not bothered about hearing noise from close by as it a distraction like when house phone rings or a debate is going on in next room :wink:

I got pair of Bose Tempo Audio Glasses. Really impressed I can hear the music and hear outside sounds, they fit really well

2 Likes

wowwwwwwwwww

I settled on a pair of Jabra 75’s and honestly it’s one of the best and most used purchases I’ve made. If I ever lost one I’d replace with the same without hesitation.

thanks but my sweat rotted the form and stitching on last pair of headphones ,so going to try some earbuds :see_no_evil:

They are ear buds.

1 Like

I went for the Cambridge audio melomania ear buds. Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 review | What Hi-Fi? sweatproof and good for commuting on the train where I have to wear a face mask so they don’t get in the way.
I picked up my pair for £60 off Amazon

very sorry when i googled came up earphone :grimacing:

I’d love some earphones for stuff like this, but i just seem to have weird shaped ears. I’ve never been able to find any earphones that fit, wired or wireless. Have some big over ear headphones now and they’ve been great for casual use. But i can’t use them for exercise as they get all wet and manky and hot (yeah i’ve tried!).

I quite like the idea of the bone ones, but i’d probably only want to use them occasionally for exercise, and would prefer not hear ambient noise when i’m chilling/on a train, in the lounge etc

1 Like

I did miss of the ‘t’. The buds themselves are nice and small and are the only buds I’ve found that stay in my ears. They hold plenty of charge but fit in the charging case that is also small enough to keep in your front pocket do you have them when you might need them. I had the 65’s previously but the 75 buds are significantly smaller with a smaller charging case.

1 Like

I’ve been using these for years. The fit isn’t as critical as the loop holds them on, and that’s adjustable too.
Cheap enough to take a punt and replace if/when the sweat eventually kills them.
JVC HA-EB75 In-Ear Sweat Resistant Sports Headphones with Adjustable Clip - Silver: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
ETA - They’ve gone up a bit, I remember buying 3 pairs to only just get the £20 free delivery last time I ordered some.

1 Like

Same as me… nothing fits without support.
I got some like this (link below)

Sound I imagine is nowhere near as good as all these BOSE and the like - but for me, on turbo and running they are just perfect. Last plenty long enough. Only thing thats a bit naff seems to be the mic (for the likes of discord).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Headphones-Bluetooth-Earphones-Waterproof-Black/dp/B099RGD97Z/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=muzili+wireless+headphones&qid=1631696854&sr=8-4

2 Likes

Cheers both - may have to give these a go. Cheap enough to not stress if they’re crap.

3 Likes

Stuff by Anker / Soundcore are good middle of the road quality. Cheap enough not to worry about them getting wrecked but also decent enough quality. Although annoying they don’t any earbuds with a wire between them anymore. I like to be able to take them out and just clip them (magnets) together round my neck. Not loose one in a pocket.

2 Likes

I also have Jabra earbuds. Mine are the “elite active” range which were meant to have a slightly higher degree of water and sweat proofing. Mine are the elite active 65t model, so one iteration before Brett.

Like him, if I ever had anything go wrong with them, I would 100% buy another pair. I use them all the time. They were good for zwift TTT comms too

3 Likes

I also have the 65t active, and would definitely recommend. They have been in almost constant use for the past two and a half years without missing a beat, and never fallen out. When they do eventually give up, I’ll be replacing them with whatever the latest iteration is at the time.

1 Like