Helvellyn

My time down Kirkstone Downhill is 6:16 - yup! For 5W - ha ha ha.
Check out the segment “Caudale Beck to Glenridding Sailing Club”
https://www.strava.com/segments/25396808

That’s from the end of the bad Kirkstone Pass descent, to the sailing club entrance

I think 2018 was one of those days, I was struggling so just jogged round, then got blisters which made things worse.

2 Likes

Will Clarke and Sam Laidlow have commented to say they’re entering, RCB looks interested.

1 Like

Yeah, saw that - not seen them on the list.
I wonder if @stenard ‘s mate Joe Spraggins is up for it, he commented, too…

…also, @r0bh (and @Adam for your recce) my legs are even worse today, can barely walk :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Just recce it slowly. Surely it’s just about learning the lines in a run like that.

1 Like

I bloody did!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

That made me giggle. :joy: :joy:

You’ll be reet!

All this chat, similar to the early season showdown at Cotswold (I think) is giving me the fomo.

I’ve enjoyed just exercising as and when I like, but I think that competitive fire in me is starting to burn and make itself known again. Think I’m going to need some sort of outlet in the next few months.

2 Likes

Me too. I’m not racing this but I’m on a recruitment drive for the sprint i’m doing!! So far @Memphisraines is in and I’ve got @Mungo2 hovering over the button.

Sounds like an absolutely epic year for Helvellyn though. I was tempted to head up and watch but a day away from the family to watch strangers flog themselves isn’t getting signed off by th’wife, and I can’t get the twins up that early to get there.

3 Likes

It’s always worst the 2nd day :tired_face:

£65…!

For a sprint… I can swim bike and run forever this year… with zero speed …

At least it’s flat… I think !

Trying to get two others to sign up with me…

Should have done helvellyn… not

1 Like

Scrwb!

Not planning on doing my recces on the same day though!!

Will probably walk most of the run

2 Likes

I always start at the bottom and work upwards, it’s much quicker for me that way :cry:

1 Like

On recce and race day :joy:

3 Likes

Are you thinking of the 2019 one?
In my first 70.3 for 8 years, where I wiped the floor with @Jorgan? :kissing_cat:

1 Like

Apart from the first and last km :rofl:

last 2-3km really, all fine after the zig-zags (bar a little bit from the mine to the YHA)
Also 1-2km around Red Tarn.
And 1km off the summit

1 Like

Yes of course - last year?! Man, i have no concept of time right now!

2 Likes

I actually read the whole of the Ironwar thread yesterday!

2 Likes