IM Copenhagen 2020/21/22/23

If Lionel can’t beat Wurf, he’s never going to win Kona.

2019;

2:50 at Australia (1st) and Roth (3rd)
2:45 in Italy (1st)

2 Likes

Wurf has been top 5 at Kona. He’s no slouch! So many men are breaking 8 these days…

I see Cam Wurf had Velcro Nike Next for the run

Maybe, maybe not, but an impressive execution from Sanders in my opinion. He is up in my estimation after today and the Tri battle, and it kind of confirms that the Cda disaster was just a bad day.

Losing his coach last week and his consequent YouTube clip put him down in my estimation, so maybe all square.

1 Like

But that’s not what I said!!!

“If Lionel can’t beat Wurf, he won’t win Kona.”

Wurf has come nowhere close to winning Kona, Lionel should be putting minutes into Wurf at a little Danish race.

2 Likes

aaaaand back in again for 2022

6 Likes

yup, me too!

6 Likes

And me!

3 Likes

I’ll join in - and me.
Have you all had your second email and even though already deferred (before the 2 week deadline) you have to follow the link and 're-register to get your actual 2022 place, just done mine now

2 Likes

Yep, done and confirmed last night

and now sold out but with two years of deferrals it was always likely

Doh.

I was just going to ask the dates - is it mid august again?

Yes, 21st next year

1 Like

Yeah, my eldest daughters birthday! I want to race there but I can’t see it happening this decade.

1 Like

Flights and accommodation booked - looking forward to it already :muscle:t3:

3 Likes

How’s training going for everybody? Just 4 months to go :muscle:t3:

5 Likes

Hmmm… not that great for me. Need to get some long (+60 miles) rides in but struggling with time (worse than normal). Will start open water swimming soon as only doing once a week pool so far, but happy enough with that for now and not much running at present (got a 10k tomorrow which will be horrible). Managed to loose 10lb over last month or so, so hoping to get back to pre-covid/cake weight before the race. It is already a ‘just get round and try and enjoy the day’ race for me now, having been a ‘my fasest race attempt’ race when I signed up however many years ago now ! Got a half in the lakes in a month which could be equally bad. This is definitely my I will carry on with IM or give it all up year, which I’ve never had before. Just worried how much weight I’d put back on if I did give it up, so hopefully I’ll get my mojo back.

5 Likes

All good, looking forward to copenhagen

1 Like

You’ve got bigger fish to fry sunshine

1 Like

haha, this is true

1 Like