IM Frankfurt 2021

Enjoy which ever weather extreme it dishes up next year… :upside_down_face:

wetsuit swim
no wind bike
20C and drizzle on the run

1 Like

That pretty much describes the year I did Regensburg, although it was a wet bike too.

Translated from the IM Update page

"We greatly appreciate your continued patience as we assessed all scenarios related to the postponement of the IRONMAN Frankfurt European Championship 2020 due to the COVID 19 pandemic.

Our team is working tirelessly with our various local partners and the relevant authorities to set a new date for the event to give you the best possible opportunity for a race in 2020.

Due to a number of factors, including a pending announcement by the federal government in early May, we have not yet been able to make a final decision about a new event date with the respective interest groups. However, we are currently working with the city of Frankfurt on a new race date at the end of September 2020. As soon as these discussions have been completed, the announcement by the federal government has been made and the relevant permits are available, we look forward to being able to offer you a new race date and alternative racing options in 2020.

We understand that 2020 race status updates are of the utmost importance to you, and we will continue to work as quickly and efficiently as possible to provide you with further information"

3 Likes

Still can’t see it happening

Looks like they are hoping for the same at Hamburg as well.

I’m gonna have to defer as trying to get days off in September from college after all this is going to be impossible

The lack of swimming for people is dangerous

Selfish head on here

lets say it goes ahead in sept 2020 ,when would u expect 2021 entries to open ?

Who knows.

It’s all still just conjecture at the minute anyway.

A few people have brought up that the Berlin marathon is cancelled. by IM will say they only have 2000 entrants

June 2021 it is then

Surprised it’s taken this long to reschedule

And like that all the hotels are booked - got one though

What’s annoying is that my Mum has only got a voucher for the Mecure as she had to cancel this year, and of course that’s all booked up now.

Is someone going to change the thread title? @Jorgan

Your wish is my command…

2 Likes

When do we start talking about the lake temp?

Why bother; you will cook in it…as always. If it’s not blisteringly hot, then it will be pouring down and 7 degrees. That’s Frankfurt.

1 Like

Guessing they prob not open up for general entries

IM Hamburg postponed to end of August, so that was 3 weeks before Frankfurt

So can’t be long until this gets bumped

The way things are in DE right now; I’d be surprised if anything goes ahead this year.