IM Frankfurt 2022

sure u will smash it

That is very interesting @funkster, and a great indicator of your training this year. I have gone the opposite direction. This year I am well ahead on training hours, however, my CTL is around 140 compared with 155 at this point last year. Since Jan 1st I have trained an average of 18.1 hours per week, however, many of my workout have been at a much lower intensity than last year… its also possible that since I am faster, I get a lower TSS for the same pace workout compared with 12 months ago. However, this year I have done more “key” session, whether that is running 100k or riding 340k, or riding 176k in 4h12m, or running a 2:53 marathon, or swimming 50 x 50 off 50 in a 50m pool.

2 Likes

Blimey, I think 120 is the highest I ever got when I was using TP. You sound like Matt!

1 Like

Mine has literally been the definition of consistency.
Other than the week of hiking, I’ve only had 10 days with no training since Jan 1st, so that’s 154 days out of 164
One was illness and the rest were all “dressy up things”

Aim was mostly to average 2 hours a day, every week.

Nothing really crazy in there

3 Likes

I know it’s a number that can be skewed by all the low intensity stuff I do, so it’s not the be all

Similar, I have missed 13, 3 for Covid

Missed or had a rest day!?

4 1/2 years since I last missed a day, would still get spanked in every way by funkster (not that I am actually training for anything of course other than not missing a day)

Remember CTL’s aren’t really comparable, there’s all sorts calculation methods which can have significant differences, you need consistency in your own recording and type of training and then at least it’s self comparable.

3 Likes

It’s been over 40 years since I last missed a day

1 Like

Couple in the early 80s I’m not sure about

6 Likes

The beer thread gave me completely the wrong idea, I’ve lost loads over the years, just not for awhile, age and kids and shit…

1 Like

Forecast to be 37 this Sunday; they got the wrong weekend :rofl: Still time for 26th to turn toasty…

8 Likes

Shhhhhhh

Forecast even has some light rain for the 26th

4 Likes

Every time I’m looking at the weather I’m thinking about IM Frankfurt and @funkster. We’re having some thunderstorms next week, so the weather will be cooler :+1:

2 Likes

It’ll probably be 12 degrees and rain all day then in my experience :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Around 25C, I think.

The only ‘average’ weather Ironmans I’ve done are Austria in 2013, which was mid/high 20s/sunny and Outlaw in 2017. Everything else has been roasting or biblical.

3 Likes

Guess I’ve just been luckily. All my triathlons were in perfect weather low to mid 20s, dry and not too windy.

1 Like

IM is a hot weather sport for me - Austria, Switzerland, Nice, St George and 6x Lanza. I think the temperature has hit 30+C in every single one.

I can’t imagine doing an IM in cold and wet conditions

10 Likes

:+1: