IM Lanzarote 2022

Oh dear, what’s up?

Not anywhere near the distances I’d have liked in a perfect world, that being said the improvement in both achilies has given me some encourgement, 3x16km in the past week so cut back next week and aim for 21km or so the following week.

Bike, need to get an outdoor century done soon, ideally next week. Might try Full PRL on Zwift tomorrow with a jog after, did 5/11 of it a fortnight or so ago, will be useful arse in saddle time.

Swim, spent a fair bit trying to sort technique, need to roll that out into distance work now.

7 weeks today to my first Lanza swim session.

7 Likes

lack of training (my own fault) & now our old dog struggling so can not use kennels

1 Like

35 days until I’ll be stumbling along the sea front wishing I was in the bars

15 Likes

Finally back running after an injured foot. Feeling more confident now. Cycling has certainly come along

9 Likes

Panic mode has set in :raised_hand:

9 Likes

Fortunately I’ve passed panic mode and dropped into ‘I’m screwed’ mode

9 Likes

even the swim is now stacked against me now :joy:,no getting my breath back on aussie exit

5 Likes

Might just use the current and keep going at the swim turnaround and swim up to Cafe Ola for breakfast

6 Likes

It’s bloody windy. I can confirm.

6 Likes

So you got away, all good?

2 Likes

Yeah thanks, pretty slick but long day. But it’s bloody windy! :joy:

5 Likes

don’t worry, you’ve got this. can’t swim? don’t worry, you’ve got this. Don’t be shit, use tailwind, its magic.

sorry wrong forum, though I was on IMJ

8 Likes

Honestly, I am sure that it will hurt, it hurts for everyone, however, that beer and curry (steak, fish etc), sitting outside with friends, cheering the last runners limping laps, awsome. Use that as your motivation. I will have FOMO and will be watching

5 Likes

@Symes still very jealous you’re out there, enjoy it, it’ll give you stories for years.

Just chatting about the wind with a guy in a restaurant tonight who did it same year as me, it’s always windy and this year is always even windier than usual…!

It’s an epic race. I’d happily go there again and again despite being nailed on for “magic hour” :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My fifth attempt at it, currently the scores are tied at 2-2 (one the head bea th legs and I binned it, the other I was warned by the Doctor not to take part and guess what, he was right!).

Was hoping to give it a real good go but it’s going to be ‘interesting’. Would prefer to keep away from the magic hour if at all possible but if it were Kona I’d be given a glow stick in all probability :slight_smile:

12 Likes

After this year I am done with IM… except Lanza, I can see it becoming an annual thing

4 Likes

@gingerbongo are you owed a pint for running up Hache Grande yet? :grinning:

Shall we maybe define “running” as slowest km no less than 12 minutes?

No pressure…

2 Likes

What if u are the last runners :no_entry_sign: :sob:

2 Likes

:joy:
No not yet. Its by no means guaranteed either (as much as I’d like to).

Kids are waking up early so I’ll be lucky at this rate to get a plod in around the marina. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes