Injury List- do any parts of you still work?

Injuries - hamstring tendonitis for 9 months minimum. Slowly improving but very temperamental. And just the usual creaks and groans of a battered body.

1 Like

ceeers

checked my heart when I got home on my Apple watch - NORMAL SINUS RHYTHM! Yehaaaaaa!!

early days yet though - will take about 4 weeks to settle fully but happy with that 1st reading

feel absolutley bolloxed though - effect of the ablation and sedatives. wonā€™t be up long this evening before bed calls

8 Likes

Left shoulder saying ā€œhelloā€, think from the fall on the ice (twice, once bangy heady on concrete ouch then next slide on arse down to drive gate, quite a performance silly old poltroon)

1 Like

I have been largely injury free for years. The odd minor ache from something like change in shoe type or something but been able to manage the load so it never progressed to anything worse. Then last year with lockdown I switched from regular running in woods to road and got my stress fracture/injury. Then did my knee (left, medial meniscus) on the leg extension machine probably due to a momentary lack in concentration. Then slipped running in the rain and did a minor calf tear. SLOWLY building up run volume.

Getting old? Me? Nah :hushed: :cry: :sob: :older_adult:t4:

7 Likes

Had done well for a while on the injury front but that changed yesterday, reaching up while painting and strained something in the area around my left kidney. Most uncomfortable, tried a spin on the bike but itā€™s not having it, back a few steps again which is annoying to say the least

1 Like

I tried a test run at dinnertime, felt alright, only 5k steady which now feels hard :frowning: , but feeling a bit sore now so Iā€™ll see how I am tomorrow, but got another physio appt lined up.

2 Likes

Everything still works; just not as well as it did 20 years ago.

2 Likes

I may have plantar fasciitis. FFS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Foot felt bad Tuesday, took a day off running.
Ran on it yesterday, felt okay.
Feels bad again today.

Fingers crossed for you that itā€™s not that mate.

A buddy has had it and itā€™s dicked him about for close to 2 years now. Itā€™s a proper bugger!!

1 Like

PF can be sorted in short order, some great tips online. Remember that the site of the pain isnā€™t always the cause: the kinetic chain.

Generally, Iā€™ve found lower leg injuries to benefit from strength training on top of all the rolling, massaging, active release and stretching.

2 Likes

Cheers chaps!
Yup - tonightā€™s 16.1km run is canned and Iā€™m dying inside.

Just read some tips and tricks.
Iā€™m flat footed anyhow, so Iā€™m hoping a pair of my shoes are knackered and theyā€™ve not given me the support I need.

Iā€™ve rarely been injured, barring a couple of major catastrophes, so Iā€™m hopeful itā€™s not that :pray:t4:

tā€™Internet says itā€™s too late to do anything now and it just needs rest. But then itā€™s foot raising time

Youā€™re right to consider footwear too. A heel drop will help, as will cushioning and support. I had it quite bad training for Roth back in the day. The house I lived in at the time had hard tiled floors everywhere, and I suspect I didnā€™t wear anything on my feet, which didnā€™t help.

PF is multi-factorial and they donā€™t really know why people get pain but there are generally common factors. But people have different inflammatory responses, and it can be a pig. The DiGiovanni stretch has good research supporting and I have used when I was treating runners. As @Jorgan says cushioned shoes and heel drop help with symptoms.

Itā€™s worth checking exactly where it hurts. I have also seen a couple of misdiagnoses of PF, one by GP the other by physio. Both times it was the origin of adductor hallucis.The site of pain is near but not the same. But then I have seen a GP diagnose symphasis pubis syndrome to a pregnant woman with ā€˜hipā€™ pain (the pain being just near the greater trochanter). :rofl:

1 Like

Same, also for about 9 months. Think it was triggered by sitting on a crap chair when I started working from home. Itā€™s a right pain in the bum :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

This is always what has brought on minor bouts of PF for me, I get it in the heel where the PF attaches rather than in the arch.

1 Like

Like the whole of my right sole instep.
I can ā€œfeelā€ itā€™s ā€œtightā€ when I touch it, hereā€™s a lovely photo of where it hurts (especially for @GRamsay)

The circle is where it hurts? That looks more like the attachment point of a tendon than your PF

The circle AND the black line at the bottom.
Iā€™m thinking the circle is unrelated.
The black line is where the tenderness is.

Ah right, the black line is definitely your PF. Pulling my big toe back to stretch the PF was what worked for me

1 Like

:warning: :pig2: :foot: :warning:

5 Likes