Injury List- do any parts of you still work?

That’s part of where your plantar fascia is but that is not where plantar fasciitis pain is. That’s good because IME it can take months to get rid of. PF pain is just in front of your heel but right on the bottom of the foot.The DiGiovanni might help that?

The circle looks like it could be adductor hallucis pain. I usually found there was one really sore point and applying a bit of pressure to about a 7/10 (pain scale) and just holding it there until it eased a couple of times helps. Then rubbing from heel to toe along the muscle always helped. You can do resistance work with the toe by gently pushing it towards the other toes with your left hand but trying to hold it in place with the muscle so you get an static contraction for 8-10 seconds, then give the toe a waggle (technical term) and also repeat.

Photo of foot on TT :white_check_mark: :rofl:

1 Like

That’s where mine was; absolute agony when I got out of bed or the car.

2 Likes

Sweet!

So it’s most likely not PF and just some foot pain/soreness - phew :cold_sweat:

Cheers for that :star_struck:

Two days rest coming up, so with the flexing it might vanish…

1 Like

That’s pretty much what I have now. When I’m doing some of the yoga moves that involves the feet a bit more it’s flippin excruciating down that side muscle. But the rest of the time it’s fine.

I get it in similar places @Poet, usually comes from the calf muscles for me, that one in the arch is often from the lower part on the inside of the shin or all the way up on the inside.

A variety of calf stretches including one with my toes raised often helps.

1 Like

I went to see another physio I use about my continuing problems this morning and he said if it was muscular it should have settled by now. Anyway after a lot of fairly painful tests he also thinks it’s down to the left hip being out of alignment, reckons it’s likely to have been an impact or something but I can’t think of anything really bad, had the odd stumble when I was in the Lakes but nothing obvious.

Anyway, he thinks there’s a couple of issues. One is around the pubic symphysis, where the hip bones join under your private bits, there’s a sort of cartilage between them. General inflammation probably from the hip pulling, that’s what has probably settled down but running would probably aggravate it again, particularly with the misalignment. Apparently a lot of women get it during childbirth!

Other problem is in the hip joint, he said the hip is fine and not arthritic which is a bonus, but there could be a very small tear or inflammation in the cartilage inside the joint which is why any running sets it straight off, but thinks with some manipulation might be able to get it settled as it’s not right in the main part of the joint and probably just catching.

Hopefully this is a reasonable explanation that the medical experts on here won’t laugh at my translation :joy:

Was pretty sore when I went out but it has settled during the day. But certainly no running yet but a bit of steady cycling should be alright, and no long walks. Going back on Monday for another go. With a bit of luck and a few sessions I’ll get to the bottom of it.

And to cap it off yesterdays run has given me DOMS :rofl: it might be quicker to get put down!

4 Likes

So you’ve got a torn Gooch caused by having your baby?

I’m confused…

:joy:

3 Likes

having had my cardiac ablation on Monday, I’m still in normal sinus rhythm which is GREAT but recovery is much slower than my 1st one and I get out of breath easily and have to take things slowly. But given that this time, they did a lot more work with about 8 separate ablations using the cardiac map then I guess my heart muscles are feeling the injury more and I just need to be more patient - not something I’m good at as I want to get going again. not a very patient patient I’m afraid!

8 Likes

Serious injury. Got a blister on my heal. Walked home from work last night. -7 degrees C it was. What am I to do? I look at it, and it looks back at me all bloated and full of liquid. Must be at least half the size of a 5p coin. That’s my season gone. Bed rest for me, don’t train with an injury, can make it worse is the mantra. Devastated I am.
Anyway. Almost time to walk home from work again. Another day another dime.

1 Like

heel

just sayin’

Left shoulder, knee, and pains under the feet…nearly a song …heads and toes, or maybe just “Lament of the old fart” :grin:

1 Like

Eurgh. No where is safe.

Scrolling through, innocently.

Of course I see a new photo of your foot.

4 Likes

Shite, I’m feeling rough today. My ablations are catching up with me and after a few days of feeling OK, today I’ve had lots of episodes of tachycardia and some other arrythmias but thankfully no AF. perhaps walking the dog in the rain and cold this morning wasn’t a good thing and I just need to back off further while the heart heals.

8 Likes

5 mile run this morning, took it very easy. Right calf was getting tight towards the end and is still a bit tonight.

Disappointing as this the one that I pulled in June and have been carefully doing rehab on since then. Even do a strict warm up and cool down. It’s definitely a weak spot after tearing it twice in 2010.

The joy of getting old.

2 Likes

2002 I had pancreaitis, was rushed to hospital, lasered and spleen cut up and gall bladder removed. The result still gives me spontaneous reflux/throwing up when running.

Broke 5 ribs, hip, smashed collarbone and punctured my lung, all in one accident. I can’t sleep on my r/h side even now due to rub pain and I have to have my aero bars asymmetric to compensate for my constantly aching shoulder (which somehow aches and is numb at the same time!)

Six spine surgeries, stuff gone in, stuff come out, they might as put a bloody zipper in there. Causes a lot of grief when running and log distant riding. Hard efforts on the bike are nearly always restricted by back pain, rather than leg/V02 issues.

Back has restricted my surfing to a long board these days. (boo, shame)

Always been a migraine sufferer, I have some sprays which sometimes help, sometimes not.

Losing my hair and my teeth need sorting.

Apart from that, all good :+1:

5 Likes

That’s a lot of time in hospital! This might be the wrong thread for you!

Yep. What I’ve learnt from being in hospital on 3 continents is that the food sucks in all of them unless you’re private. (thankfully mostly the latter)

Top tip for blokes. If you have the option of having a catheter fitted under general, ALWAYS SAY YES! You think that bastard hurts coming out? that’s nothing to it going in. :joy:

1 Like

My preference is to avoid completely!

2 Likes

Unlike the rest of your injury list, on this point I feel your pain.

:disappointed:

2 Likes

The blister has gone. Life is good. IOC is telling athletes to be ready. I’ve been ready for decades but have never had the call up yet.

2 Likes